Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 What happened when all control was relinquished
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PureAwareness

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  09:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was sitting in my regular morning session of Deep Meditation. Always there has been a slight sense of force or struggle when I do this meditation, almost as if I try to entertain every thought that passes through my mind in order to TRY to be effortless. That's the problem - you don't try to be effortless, you just be.

And so I felt that struggle. Every thought equally entertained along with my mantra, and then I decided to just give it all up. No more trying. I LET my mind be silent instead of trying to perform a technique to MAKE it silent. I surrendered.

In this silence the mantra became much more subtle. It felt much more powerful. As we all know, the experiences we have in deep meditation is a subjective interpretation, if you will, of stress being released. What happened next I have a hard time explaining in the context of a simple experience of stress release, but I may be wrong, maybe it's both an expansion of consciousness and stress release, but without further ado:

My consciousness seemed to rise like a pillar. I felt like I was very very high up, but not in the physical world, I felt very unattached as if my mind and this world were held together by a weak thread. Everything expanded outward as well. Very hard to explain. Next I had a feeling that can only be described as sitting on a wall as opposed to the floor. I was losing what small physical orientation I already had, yet at the same time I was completely alert and aware of all sounds and events around me. It was not as if I was almost asleep whatsoever. Of course a large amount of stress was released during this session - my body twitched at random times as my nervous system was cleansed and I came out in a MUCH better mood. However, I am curious as to whether this was simply an experience of stress release, or if through deep meditation consciousness did indeed expand, or rather, became more aware of its already unbounded nature. What do y'all think?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000