Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Meditation ruins marijuana?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PersonX

India
17 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  06:02:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit PersonX's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Okay, so I guess others have experienced this too so I'd like to understand why this happens if anyone has the answer.

I'm 18 and I started with meditation and everything 2-3 months ago. Before this, I was a HEAVY marijuana user for about 5-6 months. [Edibles. (It makes you feel much much higher though it takes longer to start showing.)] I was habitual. I used to be high ALL DAY - EVERY DAY. And I enjoyed my highs VERY MUCH. I'll explain why I'm telling this explicitly.

My first spiritual experience was actually while I was under the influence. It was accidental meditation. A partial Kundalini Awakening as I understand it now. You can read about it here : http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14053

Allow me to tell you that while I was in those days of being high all the time, my heart did not used to beat super fast. It was actually the opposite. My time sped up instead of slowing down i.e I was much happier rather than feeling depressed. Also, I think this might be a contributing factor, before I started with marijuana, I was in a state of depression. About a girl. :P [Yes, now I understand how foolish it was. I was the one making up all that sadness. :3]

Now, since I've started with meditation and kriyas and bandhas, I've tried marijuana only a few times and effects seemed to be getting more and more weirder and the last two times the effects were HORRIBLE. Yes, HORRIBLE! My heart was as fast as it could get and I was depressed as ****. I was simply not enjoying the high. I just could not!

Although one thing I did notice was that my attention used to come back to my shallow breaths [TOO SHALLOW, uncomfortable] and the racing heart all the time and if I tried placing my attention elsewhere, the heart would start getting slower but again I'd start focusing on the heart rate. [Still uncomfortable.]

Plain and simple - I just could not enjoy my high!
I tried again a few days later and again the same results. Depressed and the time seemed to be TOO slow + racing heart.

Oh, and also, the highs lasted for TOO LONG. MUCH longer than those days. In those days, I used to get high on three, four pouches and still the effects would end in like 3 - 4 hours and these two times I've tried, I only took A SINGLE pouch each time which resulted in the LONGEST [took almost 1-2 days] and the worst highs of my life.

Could anyone explain why is this happening?
[I've decided to stay away from marijuana now.]

One theory I've come up with is this - earlier, my attention was too dispersed and using marijuana would allow me to concentrate, look and feel different things in a swift yet comfortable manner. This must have amused the mind at that time. Now, since my attention is much more focused, so instead of jumping to random things [like marijuana makes you do if you allow it to], it does something that does not amuses the mind. :P Now I don't know 'what' it is that its doing now. Any clues?

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  7:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've heard meditation can make you much more sensitive, so what used to be normal for you is way too much now.
Go to Top of Page

PersonX

India
17 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  9:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit PersonX's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that makes much sense. :) That ought to be it. Thank you Etherfish! :)

- Px
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000