Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari Mudra for all! :D [Frenulum ~ Unimp.]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PersonX

India
17 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2014 :  01:26:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit PersonX's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello there! :D
Last night I found something I'd like to share with you all i.e. the two aspects of Kechari Mudra!
One that we all know is the rise of the current. The one that I [and probably many others too] did not know about is that Kechari Mudra allows us to use the tongue as a very effective Air Pressure Valve for the body.

The gist of this is : When performing Kechari Mudra, the only point in the head region where the body should be applying any pressure at all is the point where the tip of the tongue touches the palate or nasophraynx.

The long version :
I've read MANY posts by people who are able to perform Kechari Mudra and are in different stages are still not being able to feel the bliss that's so talked about. [I'll also try to explain in my understanding where this bliss comes from later on in the post.]
That's because we were performing Kechari Mudra incorrectly. Yes, incorrectly. We [at least me] were trying to perform Kechari Mudra in this way - Roll our tongue as back as we can and make it touch the upper hard/soft palate or even the insides of the nasopharynx. The critical part missing from our practices was the changing of the shape of the tongue. Yes! To perform Kechari Mudra correctly and even feel the bliss INSTANTLY, all we need to do is change the shape of the tongue when we perform Kechari Mudra. Allow the top most part of the tongue to become 'thin' and the lower part of the tongue to remain 'broad' [you won't really have to make it broad, it already is. :P] and then touch the upper palate's center with the top most part. [The more back you'll go along the palate, the more air pressure and current you'll create and feel! :D Yes, Kechari Mudra is VERY powerful (when done correctly) even if you are able to touch only the hard palate with the top most part of the tongue and you'll start feeling that you are taking deeper and deeper breaths and you'll feel a pressure reducing from your head and that's when the bliss will hit you! :D] Another thing I've noticed is that allowing the face to becomes expressionless and intentionally removing all strain from the muscles in the face/head helps in performing Kechari Mudra properly. Stop doing anything you are doing to the face and remove all pressure you might be applying in the head area intentionally and simply allow the tongue to go up in that specific 'thin then broad' shape easily, effortlessly and you'll see that your body will start taking deeper and deeper breaths! :D You need not put much effort into getting the tongue in this 'thin then broad' shape, just allow only the top most part of the tongue to touch the palate and not the whole underside of the tongue. [as you go back, automatically more and more underside of the tongue will start touching the palate, just don't do it intentionally] The only place your focus and a VERY-VERY-VERY little pressure should be is at the top most part of the tongue. Just allow it to effortlessly touch the center of the palate and start breathing! :)

Now, a little of what to expect :

The moment you touch the palate with your top most part of the tongue, you'll notice the breaths getting deeper and deeper. [You'll be able to do this in any posture but sitting upright with the Lumbar Vertebrae pushed with little effort inside like seen in the 'Lumbar curvature' in the middle picture in this image (http://nicktumminello.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/05-4_Overall_Spine.jpg) will help inhale more and more.]

Now, as your breaths get deeper and longer, you'll notice a pressure disappearing from the head and start feeling blissful! :D [This is exactly what many people feel during Oxygen Therapy or when using the Oxygen Mask on normal levels inside an airplane. Though what they feel is very less compared to what you're about to feel. This is euphoria.]
If you're attentive, you'll also notice the color of your skin getting brighter. Yes, brighter. :P As more and more oxygen is dissolved in the blood, the skin gets brighter.

If you continue breathing slowly for long times, you start noticing the muscles at different parts of your body becoming 'strong' [not worrisome tight but helpful strong] which will not only allow you to sit effortlessly but later on you'll also notice that the body is trying to perform the three majors bandhas itself! :D [This body knows what's best for it! :D Your guru is in YOU!! :D] This is when you might want to intentionally perform the bandhas which you'll notice you are able to perform effortlessly! :D Yes, no pressure nothing, you'll be doing them effortlessly for as long as you want! :D

Also, you'll 'FEEL' yourself becoming more and more 'concentrated'. I can't explain this, you'll have to see for yourself. Your 'focus'/'concentration' will increase dramatically! :D
You'll feel your consciousness becoming wider. I just can't explain this, you have to feel this for yourself. [Its probably because of more oxygen supply to the brain which is allowing the parts of the brain that we are not able to access usually to open up. This in turn allows us to start understanding things better and better which removes the fear of the 'unknown'. [Yes, the only reason for someone's fear (of any kind) is because of something 'unknown'/'not understood'.] This might partially be the reason for the bliss.

Also, you'll feel a certain pressure inside the nose as you go on breathing.

Also, too much saliva. :P But this I've read will go away gradually. So till then, we'll just have to swallow it. :) [This mass production of saliva is a very good sign that you're doing Kechari Mudra the most efficient way! In a way, it is analogous to the Nadi Shodhan of the energy body. As the 72,000 nadis are being purified by this, the major glands in the body also start purifying themselves by flooding themselves with their watery secretions which helps remove with the water the toxins that had been stored in them. (These toxins along with the watery secretions exit our body via the excretory system. You can read all about it if you search for 'stimulation of PNS'.) The other major glands are doing this too, but because we can feel the saliva in our mouth, we think that only this gland is doing this. :P]

Also, you might feel sensations in your genital region but don't focus on them too much, just allow meditation to blossom within you! :D

Now I'll try to explain the reason behind the bliss : When a human body reaches towards an orgasm, its mostly like this - firstly all the blood flow is directed mainly to the genital regions leaving the head with low blood pressure but with enough oxygen dissolved in the blood. Then at the peak moment, MOST of the blood supply is directed to the genitals leaving the head with VERY less pressure but MUCH oxygen, this is what we experience as sexual pleasure. [Yes its because of release of dopamine and other neurotransmitters but I'm hypothesizing that this release has something to do with low pressure and high oxygen.] And right after the orgasm, all the blood flow is straight away directed to the head and other parts of the body leaving the genitals. Now, when you perform Kechari Mudra, you are simulating the Vagus nerve which stimulates and activates the Autonomous Para-Sympathetic Nervous System of the body which sends the body in 'rest and digest' state [that saliva production is also a symptom of stimulation of the PNS] which removes the blood pressure from other parts of the body [including the head] and directs it to the digestive system. In doing so, the same process that happens in head while stimulation of genitals takes place is happening. This in my understanding is the reason behind the bliss. And, because we NEVER have an 'orgasm' but remain in the pre-orgasm state all the time, this bliss keeps on increasing and increasing and there never seems to be an end to this bliss! :D

Caution : Performing Kechari Mudra with lesser and lesser concentration of oxygen in our body will not decrease your heart rate but instead increase it! Trust me on this, perform it correctly or you might end up in hospital like I did. :P I was performing Kechari Mudra but not correctly and somehow I managed to take my brain to a state to 'hypoxia' [partial oxygen loss] which made my heart rate touch 169bmp [heard the nurse in the hospital] and I was breathing VERY badly. Almost like I was not able to breathe properly no matter how hard I try. Even the oxygen masks were not helping me. I was just not able to inhale! Can't explain this, but I sure hope no one experiences this. They had to give me 2 sleeping pills to get me to sleep. [I'm 18! :P] Came back from the hospital but was still not feeling good enough. Heart rate was still fluctuating. Yesterday I went for a session of awareness while lying in my bed which is when somehow I realized the blood vessels in the body are blocked and I need to exercise. [I simply can't explain how I realized this. It was almost like someone helped me. :P]
So I stood up and started performing heavy exercise which firstly made the heart beat rise to a pretty good level but still within comfortable levels. This somehow much have 'un-blocked' the vessels 'cause since then the heart rate is NORMAL! :D No constant trouble breathing no thing. :D Which is of course when I realized the correct way to do Kechari Mudra and now I can keep the heart SOOOO slow that I even frightened my father by allowing him to feel my heart beat for a while. [No, this low heart rate is not bad, along with the low heart beat, I have a LARGE concentration of oxygen in the body :)] :P

If anyone wants to understand how performing Kechari Mudra with low oxygen concentrations will deteriorate the body, read on :
When we perform Kechari Mudra, we direct blood pressure to the digestive system which starts digesting food which requires a LOT of energy [oxygen] and when we are not performing Kechari Mudra properly, very soon the reserve of oxygen in the body will be used up by the digestive system and the need for more oxygen will make the heart pump more blood. Simple logic. :)

Also, because you are digesting more and more and you'll probably be wanting to perform Kechari Mudra all day long simply because of the bliss, you might want to keep eating little by little all day long to help your body in building itself. Atleast I'm doing so 'cause I'm kinda skinny. Not too but yeah, skinny. :P

Be happy, that's how you ought to be! :D
- PersonX

Edited by - PersonX on Mar 04 2014 02:29:21 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2014 :  07:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000