Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Kechari The Energetic Way
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  10:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ah where to start? This Post will be in different parts to prevent it from becoming too long of a read.

Recently I learned more about Kechari and would like to share my discoveries with others to try. Unfortunately this is going to only really work for some and not all who can enter Kechari.

Before I get into this it is important to specify where this is coming from.

The title Kechari The Energetic Way is a good clue. Kechari happened for me via the practice of Kriya.

I practiced Talavia Kriya per Ennio's book with absolutely no belief or hope that this simple exercise would allow the tongue to go back past the hard pallet with comfort let alone rest on the soft pallet during practice.

I was resigned that it would take years at least two years and perhaps never as it all seemed quite impossible and improbable.

There was no real desire to practice Kechari either, for me it was just something it was said people practicing Kriya should do.

Thanks to Ennio's remarks in his book I decided well if I am doing this whole Kriya thing I had better make an honest effort to do this too even though it sounds disgusting.

Seriously remembering back the thoughts of Kechari were these.

1. How the heck does someone do that? Even pushing mine back hurts.
2. No way that is natural someone cut their tongue to do that.
3. Nope that guy did not cut his tongue bottom parts are still there he must be one of those extra limber double jointed type people showing off.
4.I wonder what that is like it does not seem like there is enough room up there for the tongue.
5.No way that is comfortable I hate getting water in my nose let alone my tongue in the breathing passage that has to sting like crazy.
6. I wonder if this is what they mean by swallowing ones tongue?
7. Hey how are they able to breathe? I'll bet they are holding their breath to do this.
8. Won't this cause Sinus infections?
9. My tongue is not long enough, I don't think this is going to work.
10.I know the reasons for doing this but I don't really believe them.

Within 3 Months as I kept the tongue curled back back and focused on perfecting traditional Kriya Pranayama and the other Kriya practices the energy of Prana, Shakti, Kundalini whatever name one prefers demanded the tongue enter full Kechari.

It started with the tongue pushing up forcibly against the soft pallet but the lingual Frenulum was not long enough to take this punishment and would get sore.

IMPORTANT: The tongue pushing up against the soft pallet is not the same as making the tongue push up by deciding to do so, it is an involuntary act, a desire is in the tongue to do this and it does. This is all a side effect of the energetic / Pranic circuit being worked with in Kriya.

As time went on the soft Pallet started getting in on the act and started moving which is something I had never experienced before. In the beginning it would fold around the tongue as it probed upwards against it. I still remember the first time it moved forward and held the tip of the tongue on it's own it was so amazing.

It took time to grow into Kechari and there were many side effects which took time to grow into and in truth I still am.

Which brings us to current times and new discoveries the actual technique will be in the upcoming posts.

As it is today I still wait to go into full Kechari. I only do so when the desire of the tongue and the soft pallet are present which is in every sitting for Kriya, this usually occurs within the first few breaths at the very beginning.

There is writing on this site by Yogani himself describing dryness in Kechari and the reason is because people are deciding to do this mudra rather than Shakti making it happen in the energetic way which is involuntary.

Gosh I need a better word it is involuntary as energetic movement is making it happen but up until the energy is overwhelmingly strong one can still prevent it from happening, once the power builds 1 moments inattention and the mudra is going to happen no matter what.

I know I can do it right now make it go up and sure enough there will be dryness and discomfort.

This is a big difference and is being explained on purpose as without this happening on it's own as a side effect of energetic demand the technique to be described is meaningless.

Next post Considerations Personal Beliefs and a Proposal.

Edited by - Experientialknowing on Feb 11 2014 11:01:24 AM

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  11:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Considerations:

The previous post contains a brief outline of How Kechari occurred for me, If anyone is interested in the blow by blow as it happened look at this place on the site under my former nom de guerre Kriyawit.

Oh and just so you know it is me Yogani the kitchen remodeling project with the counters is still a source of delight for my wife.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=5

Times change as have my understandings. The name change was for several reasons not the least of which Kriyawit was just not correct anymore and I almost dropped off from posting due to ugly emails and deleted the email account.

Personal Beliefs:

This brings me to my next point. Sadhana practices change a person over time, in the case of Kriya this can happen swiftly in bursts even.

It is my personal belief that Kechari rewires the energetic system and the physical nervous system to include the brain when done in conjunction with Kriya especially when it is via pranic demand.

This is also part of Considerations If the past and present is any indicator of the future there will be continued changes as long as I continue to practice Kechari in Kriya. In some future the personality will likely not resemble the current one writing at this moment.

A Proposal:

I live in the United States. With sufficient notice I can arrange time off from work to participate in a clinical trial and would be willing to undergo MRI or other more soft tissue revealing diagnostic procedures in a clinical program showing Kechari Mudra in place.

I would also be willing to have test equipment monitor brain function during Kriya Practice sorry but not probes through the skull that is where I draw the line.

Of particular interests would be having the spine and brain monitored in the specific region of the chakras as it would be very interesting to see how the pranic activity I describe during Kriya are translated into the physical body as of recently I have learned how to step up the voltage so to speak. This will be revealed in the next post.

There are many areas that seem to be effected, the endocrine and immune systems for example.

If there is anyone reading this that is conducting research like this please contact me via e-mail.

Edited by - Experientialknowing on Feb 11 2014 12:19:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  12:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kechari Stepping Up the Voltage:

In my previous posts I have described the conditions for entering into Kechari that are relevant to this individual in his practice.

Without going to far into actual technique suffice it to say Prana energy is brought up from Muladhara and is felt in each center as it passes both on the way up and down.

Of particular interest is the Medulla area the base of the skull. It is here called the mouth of God that Pranic discharge into the spine and the body reaches intoxicating ever growing levels.

In the practice of Kriya any center can do this all of them can do this at once or individually.

But it is here and the throat center where the Kechari impulses mostly originate especially in the beginning, after some time in practice Muladhara or any Chakra in the act of energetic expression can invoke Kechari.

The moment Kechari is invoked the tongue slips into place and the circuit completed. There are many aspects of this circuit being completed but for the purpose of clarity I will stick to that of Pranic intensity rather than go into the many other facets.

When Kechari happens via Pranic desire the soft pallet moves foreward and the tongue goes up.

Now there is desire and THEN THERE IS DESIRE!

Depending on the strength of the pranic build up there is a corresponding relationship to the desire and the bodies reaction to it.

Normally for me I notice the energy and the desire is felt and I just step out of my own way and let the tongue follow the desire and up it goes but the tissues are not always completely ready to accept the tongue nor is the tongue completely ready to seat in Kechari.

In the past I would just allow the tongue to be where it would and in a short time the energy of it being there would take care of the rest and the body soon became comfortable to the point of not knowing where the tongue was in the mouth of the mouth above the mouth. Yes just that natural.

While in sadhana within the last week it occurred to me not to allow the tongue to enter in this weak desired manner but to really wate with it just curled back as I once did,

Well I was in for a bit of a surprise. Breath after breath I witnessed the energy growing in the spine in the centers and the old familiar twitching in response to pranic desire started again the tongue became eager to rise above but now the tip layes against the back wall of the throat touching the Uvula and tries to sneak past even as the soft pallet rises up attempting to let it. I witnessed all of this activity passively yet denying entry, enjoying the heightened state of pranic build up in the system.

Finally when it could not be easily restrained any more I let go of the reins and the tongue and it's partner the soft pallet in this endeavor took over.

On the physical side of things; the tongue eagerly slid up the back wall of the throat and shot forward and up burying itself to the hilt, the tip arriving up above the midle of the septum to the bony ledge above causing eyes to rivit at the root of the nose.

The tongue encountered no resistance in it's own make up nor that of the sinus cavity which was well lubricated by means unknown to accept this foreign bodies trespass with eager delight rather than reluctant acquiescence.

On the energetic side of things: A great relief of pent up tension was felt in the system and bliss of a higher order the continuing Pranayama a delight that could go on forever.

OR NOT

The practice of Pranayama and the higher states of awareness the various Samadhi stages require a strong well spring of prana to operate.

One of the things that occurs with Kechari is pranic deficits.

Perhaps this is part of entering Sushumna where the energy is no longer felt except in the beginning until things smooth out?

Whatever the case the energy needs to be built back up to continue.

Paying close attention to intuition I removed the tongue from Kechari and sure enough within the next breath or two I could feel the Energy building up again as well as a different state of awareness while doing so, again following the same procedure as before again the same exact repeatable results.

Within a handful of breaths while practicing Kriya Pranayama the tongue MUST, MUST, MUST GO UP!

After some time there is no more desire to ever let the tongue back down and there is sufficient prana to continue for a very long time without deficit.

This is how I have learned to step up the voltage and the results are spectacular, during every day life my energy levels are much higher than they once were.

WARNING: anyone attempting this had better make sure to do Mahamudra bare minimum of 3 but 1 for every 12 Kriya Pranayama repetitions for certain.Otherwise this could lead to unwanted side effects.

Running short on time have to go now, questions welcomed.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  03:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear EK,

After almost 7 years AYP, I am still waiting for Kechari to happen naturally for me... lately, somewhat impatiently. I am considering snipping. Natural Kechari has happened only once for me,last April, when I was experiencing strong kundalini surges and I found the tongue almost in Phase II (maybe it was already in phase II - I was too busy with what was happening downstairs than upstairs at that point in time to really notice )It has not happen again since.
I would, of course, prefer it to happen naturally but how to get kundalini that excited again using AYP means. Kriya initiation is not available in Seychelles.

Grateful for your advice
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2014 :  12:25:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is always best to have initiation and personal instruction. Since you are in the middle of the Indian Ocean I think it is safe to say it would be a crime to deny you help as you have no means of obtaining what is already very difficult to get.

Your message makes my heart ache, I am going to contact you in private and help you with this if you will accept my help.

To be perfectly clear I do not expect money or anything in return, I am just going to do my best to give as I have been given to.

Please go to http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Downloads1.html and download Ennio's free book this will help so we can discuss things, this is his latest version and is very clearly written.

In particular make sure you download section 2. Look for my email soon.

quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Dear EK,

After almost 7 years AYP, I am still waiting for Kechari to happen naturally for me... lately, somewhat impatiently. I am considering snipping. Natural Kechari has happened only once for me,last April, when I was experiencing strong kundalini surges and I found the tongue almost in Phase II (maybe it was already in phase II - I was too busy with what was happening downstairs than upstairs at that point in time to really notice )It has not happen again since.
I would, of course, prefer it to happen naturally but how to get kundalini that excited again using AYP means. Kriya initiation is not available in Seychelles.

Grateful for your advice

Go to Top of Page

JonnyQuest

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  9:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dearest EK/KW !!

Most Excellent "nom de guerre" !!!!

Your help on this topic has been most appreciated !

The "Natural Kechari", as SeySorciere is referring to above, has not been explained all that well in the main writings, etc . Anything You can do to clarify will Help !!

Saluuuud

Great Work

Edited by - JonnyQuest on Feb 13 2014 9:22:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  2:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jonny Quest not a bad one yourself

Actually I think it has been very well described it is just all over the place.

I think where the discussion tends to fall apart is at the point of personal choice where a person has to decide to Snip or not to Snip, so I will revisit that here as it always comes up anyway.

I have read from others who were literally tongue tied yet the desire for Shakti to join with Shiva was so strong in their inner-self that they would move Heaven and Earth to see it made complete to become complete.

Oh how my heart pains knowing what I know when I think of the tremendous suffering this must have caused these dear ones, to know the demand of union to be made complete and what comes of it yet having ones tongue completely attached all the way to the very tip to the floor of the mouth preventing the satisfaction of this divine most holy of unions...

For these dear ones it is not just imagination or over imagination at work nor is it the idea of getting off in some new manner, no these people are ready yet the body is binding them.

To me this is no different than being near sighted yet needing to see more so you can drive and take care of daily life.

How can a person be faulted for having a corrective surgery or wearing corrective lenses?

Are we to say they are worse drivers because they did not come by seeing more from a distance naturally?

It however would be a mistake for a person capable of sight to have surgery or wear glasses because they read about others doing so.

One brave soul I have read from who was indeed tongue tied yet his sould demanded Kechari the energetic way, went to a doctor and had this procedure done and this person till this day is very satisfied with the divine union they have achieved. For this person it was obviously the correct choice.

I have read from others who have been able to perform Kechari naturally yet feel nothing, and get little to nothing out of it. I have read posts of those who advocate snipping yet also relate they have gotten nothing or little from Kechari.

So I think it is all pretty clear when the desire for divine Union is present and one is certain it is then If you are of general physical make up Talabya Kriya will prepare the body so it can achieve Kechari and correct sadhana that facilitates the desire of Shakti to Join Shiva will take care of the rest.

In the case of the ones whose physiology prevents this in the face of the true desire for Shiva and Shakti Union to be completed it seems they have a very big decision to make and some risks to take, which in my opinion would be best undertaken by a trained medical professional but that is for the individual to decide.

Natural Kechari is not what I advocate: What I advocate is Kechari the energetic way and there is a critical difference here.

To sum it up when Shiva and Shakti will be joined which is nothing less than the self becoming complete one understands that they have always been their own soul mate.

That longing we all have to be with the nearest of the near to have that perfect spouse who is dearest of the dear and nearest of the near has always been none other than the divine self in union.

I am not writing metaphorically either. But all of this is worthless with out putting tires to the ground.

The question is how do we really know the difference between actual Shiva and Shakti Union demanding to be be made and an over worked or titillated imagination from reading many things?

Here try this. First close your eyes. Put gentle wrinkles in the forehead, brows gently slightly lifted this is called shambavi mudra. Now gently roll the tongue back so it stays put comfortably it does not matter how far it will go Kechari is easier than holding the tongue rolled back any way, so no straining.

In the medulla is the talu Center this is the mouth of God by whose word man shall live and not by bread alone. You will know what this means when Gods word Pranic energy, prana discharges from here it can spread from here into your whole body it can race down into your Muladhara and back up again, do not be afraid of overloading feel love in your heart and know that all will be well this can and will put you in Kechari the energetic way when your gaze is in Kutastha.

The Talu Chakra is imbedded in the Medulla this in conjunction with front Kshetram of Ajna at the root of the nose not the tip and Ajna in the center of the brain form the Kutastha above the brows which is a soft yellow glow when beheld. You place all your heart and desire for this perfect union in talu with your gaze upon Kutastha with tongue curled back.

Take the core of this longing for love and complete union for wholeness the desire to love and be loved in immeasurable unconditional return in your heart, we all have this all can do this, and breath in and out of your heart with feeling of this longing put feeling in your medulla This is the junction of the base of the skull at the back of the head and the neck and breath in and out of your Medulla. Inhale feeling from your heart to your medulla again and again for however many times feels right do this with feeling do this with heart do this with Love.

If you feel like crying go ahead this is your sacred heart the Anahata Chakra expressing its longing desire to be made whole again and its aching pain from so many years of separation and mis-identification with worldly object from which only fleeting satisfaction may come. Cry there is no shame, cry be you man or woman know you are more and be cleansed be free of that horrible burden cry with tears of joy. Cry as a small child does, you are still that small child you know the adult is only the fulfillment of the promise of the child not in contradiction to it.

It is okay, you are okay, so life has happened so, so many things you have lived mistakes, victories, failures and conquests it is all ok give yourself permission to be whole to feel that aching longing for union it is ok to have that desire. Now put this desire in Medulla feel in medulla breath in and out slowly and become calm become witness just witness rest, there is nothing more you need to do now it is okay to just be, to just witness and feel, feel the breath move in and out of Medulla gaze on Kutastha breath in from Kutastha pulling from Medulla feel the breath being pulled from the forehead drawing from Medulla and if you pause then pause and just be witness when you breath out breath from kutastha into medulla very natural all very natural again from kutastha pulling from medulla and exhale back again.

Do this until you know it is time not to do this witness and see what happens.

If anyone trying this discovers the tongue begins to move around and or the soft pallet begins to move or the tongue presses against the soft pallet or goes up with no prompting from your own will then you know what I mean.

This also means you have had your first experience of that feeling. It also means you really need to be practicing Talabya or Talavia Kriya (I like both spellings) to get those tissues ready for Kechari.

So to conclude the natural way is not necessarily the energetic way, The energetic way is the way of Shiva and Shakti, it is the divine way it is the holy way it is the sanctified way it is the only way!

Period.

All else is a caveman drawing running animals on the wall. These reproductions will not feed his hollow belly!

How one arrives is the real question, some of us are irrevocably near sighted and require corrective lenses or surgery to see more.

The answer is found in Sadhana which means spiritual practice and also by keeping the tongue curled back when doing them.

When the time is right Shakti will demand to go up and so will the tongue. One may have to practice differently than what they currently do for this to happen though.

If this does not happen I would be very suspicious of my motives for considering snipping as they may not end in all one might have hoped they would.

A word of Caution... When I was blessed with Kechari I ignored the warnings and came close to passing out and wrecking my car several times. Kechari changes many things and can be a powerful and disruptive experience.

I do not write this to sound cryptic or to scare anyone, I write this to say try to be sure you are in something of a stable point in your life, not perfect but no serious drama going down either trust me you might really over react, refrain from driving for a couple of weeks if you can, do not operate heavy machinery or work with power tools that require attention.

Kechari is something you grow into over time even after you have it, it is a growing thing and a good thing.

Everyone be loving, be careful and most of all come join me as the divine child you already are lets put away these blocks and choo choo trains and remember who we really are. love to all my heart is near bursting right now gotta go.

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyQuest

Dearest EK/KW !!

Most Excellent "nom de guerre" !!!!

Your help on this topic has been most appreciated !

The "Natural Kechari", as SeySorciere is referring to above, has not been explained all that well in the main writings, etc . Anything You can do to clarify will Help !!

Saluuuud

Great Work

Edited by - Experientialknowing on Feb 14 2014 2:41:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

JonnyQuest

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  4:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks EK !

When I said "natural" I meant what you are calling "energetic" kechari, that is when prana demands it. The medulla area activates and it happens on its own, as you describe. At other times, it is an impossible move! Pretty weird.

Thanks for all the Good Info !!

Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2014 :  4:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome , I understood you already knew as I read a little of what was being written by you elsewhere. The distinction is for others benefit.

Would you care to share more concerning how it works for you and sometimes not, I am certain it will be educational for others.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000