Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 More on "seeing", "accepting", "letting go" :-)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  11:36:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
From what I have seen and worked with, letting go something comes in three steps… and anyone who corresponds with me or follows my posts knows and may be tired by now of me pointing them back to the three steps…
1) See the issue (if there is a reaction in us, there is something to look into)
2) Accept the issue (without judgment - inquiry)
3) Let it go (samyama/give it to ishta)

Letting go happens at many levels, layers… so even though we may have let something go, it can come back as we open further… and when it comes up again, there is no need to be hard on self and judge ourselves as failures (more labels and layers that we will have to see through later), just look some more, accept/forgive some more and let it go.

Anyways… the other day, someone (you know who you are, so thank you) send me the link to a post by Nandhi, in which he had put a link to this article, and she said to me the technique was similar to what I share with people. That was true, but what I found fascinating in the article was how Dr. Hew Len physically healed people around him by healing that thing in himself. I have always thought of healing self and then everything around heals, meaning if it does not bother me then it is no longer a block... I don't change anyone, or nothing really changes (not directly), but everything changes. However in this case the patients were completely healed. So I though let me try it.

Going to share something here that I think was amazing. It may read as the same things I have been sharing for some time now… but there is a subtle difference that made a huge difference here.

I went inward to the first moment of my life I remember, it was when I was 2 or 3 and was getting a beating from my dad… I remember trying to beat him up and throw the refrigerator down and kick down a stone counter top… so I wasn’t taking the beating submissively, but fighting back... I was angry. I have done the letting go on this many times, and now when I visit it, there are no feelings that are triggered… Love my dad and really there is complete forgiveness and letting go of this...

So went to that level and decided to say I forgive me for the anger. I caught myself saying, wait, I was 3 I did not know better... That's when I saw how certain things stay in place ... We justify it with logic, or make excuses for it, it was not a matter of if I was right or wrong or understood or not... I was angry and that was the building block for anger in me when I grew up... If I could forgive myself for the anger I could let anger go in the present me. So once again, “seeing”, “forgiving myself for what it added to my identity” and then the final step of “giving it to ishta”.

I saw the building blocks of current Shanti. I could visit the many things that have happened in my life, and realized, although I had let those individual hurts and blocks go… unless I forgave myself at that point for adding a certain something that then became the identity of “Shanti”, be it anger, abandonment, jealousy, arrogance, low self esteem, lack of confidence, habits, addictions, thought patterns, needs, understandings, etc. I did not really let it go… till I forgave myself for adding that layer to myself.

And as I worked with all of this, I saw the common thread… “Control”… even at 3 I was fighting my dad because I wanted to be in control… everything I added had a common thread of trying to control or giving up because I thought I had no control. As I worked with “control” and the other things I saw (it's pretty complex, as each thing that happens to us adds more than just 1 thing, anger, leading to need for control, to arrogance, to aversion or attachments toward certain things, to finding an escape, etc.)… it soon felt like I am rewriting Shanti… more creating a blank canvas on which Jesus can now create. It is very interesting.

Thanks for reading along.

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  12:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very beautiful, Shanti. Thank you for sharing.

Does it seem to you that identical openings seem to happen simultaneously to a group of people? I've lost track of the number of times I've had an opening and see it being presented on these forums by someone. Marvelous sangha dynamics.

As I was narrating here, my lessons lately have been in seeing, accepting and letting go as well. And identical to your experience, I am able to see all the ways the justification for holding on to something remains, manifesting anywhere on the spectrum of physical/mental/emotional health to lack of true spiritual freedom. And for most of us, blame and lack of forgiveness are the crux of the issue. I have tried desperately to forgive others, but only lately have I seen that it is not possible to do so without forgiving myself. Ultimately, nothing is "out there", is it? We all know this, say it and believe it on various levels; but living it is a different story. For me at least, it takes taking a hard look at any BS of being "somewhere" on the spiritual path, of any illusion of advancement/attainment, of being "already" enlightened, of all cool energy and astral things I can do, of the arrogant belief that I'm beyond being taught by a mentor/guru/friends/family, etc and throw it all out. Absolutely none of that is allowed. Staying true and real to the pain, to not having forgiven and to all the "hooks" in a gentle, subservient and submissive way is what is called for (new and untrodden terrain ). This is where the work is, where the lessons are for now.

For anyone interested, there is a fabulous book on this topic that I'm currently reading, by David Hawkins - "Letting Go, the Pathway of Surrender".

Thank you again.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  12:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes... no "out there".

And since there is no out there... no 'BS' or 'spiritual'... labels that we add to anything is adding labels to ourselves which in turn will be a process of letting go. We have enough labels already without needing to any new ones.

Love you!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  12:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely! Including those of "being enlightened", "beyond" this or that, being "advanced", being a "helper", etc etc..

Ultimately all labels are worthless (aka, BS )

Btw, not enough can be said about compassion for oneself in the process - berating oneself hardly results in letting go or surrender; simply creates more binding. But seeing the humor of the above (BS) like that of a beloved child's tantrum - priceless!!

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  1:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  3:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you... This came at a needed time. Much love to you Shantiji
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2014 :  09:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2014 :  02:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
for me letting go is sometimes aggressive...for example i see things that i dont like and that i cant do much about it (this can range from poverty, sickness,disorder...) so i say to my Ishta "See, see how this is all disgusting ....deal with it "
as if my ordering my Ishta to do things in an agreesive manner
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2014 :  10:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's the best part of giving it to our Ishta, they accept anything we send them as love and only send back love.
That's what I was talking about yesterday, when all the coloring (anger, hatred, sadness, despair, relational, etc) drops it is all love.
Go to Top of Page

mil

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2014 :  7:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti

I really appreciate this post. I am curious if you have suggestions of how to work in this manner without a concept or memory to go along with it. Kundalini energy often just moves energy into awareness that is obviously negative in nature but has no actual story apparent at that time. It seems that it is a never ending experience of holding acceptance and compassion when there seems to be no root understanding to let go of. I am not sure if you understand my differentiation here. But it seems if I had an understanding of where the initial "damage" might have originated (using the method you describe) it would be easier to work with.

Do you have experience and or suggestions of how to work with just straight up energy in the same manner you have described?

Thanks again, I enjoy learning about your insights.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  08:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mil

Shanti

I really appreciate this post. I am curious if you have suggestions of how to work in this manner without a concept or memory to go along with it. Kundalini energy often just moves energy into awareness that is obviously negative in nature but has no actual story apparent at that time. It seems that it is a never ending experience of holding acceptance and compassion when there seems to be no root understanding to let go of. I am not sure if you understand my differentiation here. But it seems if I had an understanding of where the initial "damage" might have originated (using the method you describe) it would be easier to work with.

Do you have experience and or suggestions of how to work with just straight up energy in the same manner you have described?

Thanks again, I enjoy learning about your insights.

Thanks mil!

I too remember very little of my chilhood, but there are just a few things in my life that are very clear and I think of them as portals that were retained for me to go back, so I could heal.

Before, what I wrote above came to me, I was working with another technique that came to me, that is just energy... did not write about it as it is hard to explain... but will put it down here. Maybe you will be able to understand it. If not, please don't hesitate to ask.

I would bring up a person in my awareness and see what comes up, I would then trace the person though me... each person in my life has touched me in different ways, so I would bring them up, and follow them in my inner self. It's like tracing the path of impressions (using the word impression and not blocks, as not everything one adds is a negative, its a mix of both, but the subtle attachment to the person is spread all over us) they have created in me... some would start in the head go down the middle, some start at the right shoulder go down the right across at the stomach, down the left leg, some would be all over.. so on. I would trace the path, touch the points, feel the feelings and then give it to Jesus. This is not a long drawn out process, but a sweep of the path, feel and give.

Maybe you can try it with the emotions/feelings that come up for you. Trace the path, feel it at all the spots it touches and see if you can give it to your ishta. This may also help bring up some understanding as to the root of what made it a part of your identity.

Sorry if the process I wrote is not clear... it is a hard one to put in words for me.

Hope it helps.
Thank you again!
Go to Top of Page

mil

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  12:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the explanation. I will consider it when working with these energies. I am always trying to find a deeper understanding of "giving it to Jesus". To be able to "give" the shadow nature to Jesus is confusing to me. At this point I understand it as allowing to be seen and entering a state of offering. Giving does not quite make sense to me...is it an actual moving of an energy to somewhere else or is it more of an asking for an intercedence?

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  1:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mil

Giving does not quite make sense to me...is it an actual moving of an energy to somewhere else or is it more of an asking for an intercedence?

Giving is samyama... http://www.aypsite.org/150.html
It's dropping the feeling into stillness/Ishta with an intention of the stillness/Ishta taking it.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2014 :  9:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blocks from family

Thank you for sharing, Shanti! In my own experience, the three steps are three cures for the following tendencies:
1. Mind's various tricks to escape from the issue (not facing and seeing it). Curiously, finding a good method to deal with the issue could be a stealthy way to escape it.
2. When I do see the issue, I tend to judge myself, 'cos once I see what's behind the pretty cover, it could be disgusting to that which made the covering....so, it's easy to get into a torrent of tagging, and self-judgment.
3. When I do accept the issue without judging, tagging. I could still take it as part of me...in a content way. The issue will be there, even though in peace with me...But still everything needs to be dissolved into silence, so that we can be really free from it.

So, the three steps really worked in my experience. Over the past half year, I've been seeing key points in my childhood, just like the one you shared. They are points where the knots are tied, thus, released. I saw two points in my early childhood (my dad kicked me off stairs, he forced me to practice calligraphy when he's in bed watching). As I write, I can still feel a tinge of something saying this is unfair, a tendency to complain and call for ppl's agreement (playing victim). But I notice it, accept it, and let it go, once again (every time, it dwindles a bit).

Now, my parents are here in my place.and I found myself dealing with conditioning from my mom, who lost her mom when she's 2, and further entanglement include: my mom's brother died young in a war, so there might be pain inherited from my grandma. more seriously, my dad's mom killed herself, because (as she said, or her story) she just couldn't bear the negative attitude from my mom......Since mom came here, she's been nagging at me for not eating meat, and for not getting married at this age (I¡¯m 34)....In this morning's samyama practice, I saw how I am attached to a very negative image of my mom. This I've been taken as the reality of my mom. This has been a huge identity shaper/block that shaped my personality to a degree that I might not estimated. (For example, my subtle tendency to escape when a relationship develops to a point where final commitment is needed.) It¡¯s like a huge chunk of junk that in the middle of my very being¡­I cried, I want to vomit it out¡­.

My question is related to family constellation experience ppl shared with me, mainly, hidden events (like unusual death, abortion, etc.) that happened several generations ago could shape the children's personality and behavioral patterns. So, my question is, by simply looking into my own being, can I discover all these hidden knots in the system of family (a tightly connected network of beings), and see their effects on me and other family members? Will the family heal around me when I find and dissolved all the blocks? I have faith in this. And I know the stories family constellation tells is very deep and it could heal deeply, but it's still a story of being....may be the point is we do need a deeper story to replace a superficial one, until the final story is seen and dissolved without any more attitude....just as you shared.

Any comments, sharing, answer is welcome!
Love you all!

Edited by - Pheel on Jan 27 2014 9:48:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2014 :  10:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Pheel

My question is related to family constellation experience ppl shared with me, mainly, hidden events (like unusual death, abortion, etc.) that happened several generations ago could shape the children's personality and behavioral patterns. So, my question is, by simply looking into my own being, can I discover all these hidden knots in the system of family (a tightly connected network of beings), and see their effects on me and other family members? Will the family heal around me when I find and dissolved all the blocks? I have faith in this. And I know the stories family constellation tells is very deep and it could heal deeply, but it's still a story of being....may be the point is we do need a deeper story to replace a superficial one, until the final story is seen and dissolved without any more attitude....just as you shared.

Hi Phil,
Sounds like some good seeing/healing/opening happening there.

Regarding “family constellation experience” healing. I have no idea. I only speak of what I have experienced, and I can say when we do let something go, we do see a shift in people around us.
Sorry could not be more helpful. Maybe someone else who has more experience/knowledge of this can help you here.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  01:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

Thanks for sharing and answering. Actually, I do see a change of attitude in my parents even in these a few days.
The question belongs to the mind, and whatever happens, whether I use family constellation or not, is what I need. So, I'll just keep myself open to new things coming my way....
Love you,

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  09:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love you too.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  11:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

I saw the building blocks of current Shanti. I could visit the many things that have happened in my life, and realized, although I had let those individual hurts and blocks go… unless I forgave myself at that point for adding a certain something that then became the identity of “Shanti”, be it anger, abandonment, jealousy, arrogance, low self esteem, lack of confidence, habits, addictions, thought patterns, needs, understandings, etc. I did not really let it go… till I forgave myself for adding that layer to myself.

Ah! Something just fell into place. I've been working on forgiveness for a while and, when I don't think about it, I ask forgiveness for myself. Samyama-style. Then a thought pops up and says, "Wait a minute, why am I asking forgiveness for myself? I didn't do anything wrong here."

Now it makes sense. Thoughts, you can shut up now.

Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  11:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by whippoorwill

quote:

Ah! Something just fell into place. I've been working on forgiveness for a while and, when I don't think about it, I ask forgiveness for myself. Samyama-style. Then a thought pops up and says, "Wait a minute, why am I asking forgiveness for myself? I didn't do anything wrong here."

Now it makes sense. Thoughts, you can shut up now.

Thank you.

Ha ha...
Yeah.. me too...
quote:

So went to that level and decided to say I forgive me for the anger. I caught myself saying, wait, I was 3 I did not know better... That's when I saw how certain things stay in place ... We justify it with logic, or make excuses for it, it was not a matter of if I was right or wrong or understood or not... I was angry and that was the building block for anger in me when I grew up... If I could forgive myself for the anger I could let anger go in the present me. So once again, “seeing”, “forgiving myself for what it added to my identity” and then the final step of “giving it to ishta”.

Much Love!
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  4:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nicely summarized Shanti in the top post. Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  03:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i just read those last posts...and that is exactly what i realized yesterday!!
yesterday i realized that i need to forgive myself...not only forgive others for not being as i want them to be...forgiving myself is essential
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  5:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  9:57:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti, this is exactly what I need too.
I found the book Zero Limits here:

http://www.vitality-living.com/reso...e+Vitale.pdf

It is about Dr Hew Len and interactions with the author. Reviewers on Amazon are saying the book doesn't have very much information, too much advertising for the author's websites, the Dr. didn't use the true methods etc. etc. But I am scanning it now, and am finding it very helpful. The info is too simple for some. But do-it-yourself practical and simple is perfect for me.
Thank You Shanti!
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2014 :  10:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for da book Ether
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2014 :  09:15:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the book link, Ether!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000