Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Khechari mudra: approaching stage 4
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  1:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My dear fellow khechari lovers, I finally need to ask this question to the experts who have fully mastered this wonderful mudra. My progress has been quick and in the first year I reached stage three. Great! But this is now about three years ago and it looks like the final millimeters are rather challenging. Don't worry, I am totally not obsessed with it, I am very patient. No milking and certainly no snipping here. My question is: towards the end of stage three, when the tounge moves up into one of the two nasal passages, at a certain point breathing becomes impossible. I have reached this point on the left. How much longer is it then to the very top? Thanks I appreciate your kind comments.

Much love to all of you!

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  2:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chakburthi

I'm no expert, but you can call me one if you like .

On how long it takes will probably depend on the length of you nasal passages. I'm not sure if there is much difference between people, so it's just a guess.

I have been snipping on and off for over four years, and I still haven't reached the end of stage four. So just keep doing what you are doing, you'll know when you get there. With regards to not being able to breathe, that stage will pass once your tongue gets further.

Happy stretching.
Go to Top of Page

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2014 :  05:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Woosa,

I have to admit that while reading your kind response, the thought how great it would be if Victor would post an answer arose. In fact, secretly I meant him with the "expert". So after reading your comment, I searched him in the forum only to find out about his passing away. What a very very sad loss...I don't even know how to begin expressing this sadness.

This is also a reminder that there are more important things in life than mastering a yogic maneuver!

May he rest in peace...

Edited by - Chakburthi on Jan 19 2014 06:51:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  12:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What??! Victor passed away? when? How come no-one said anything?
:-((

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  08:17:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti announced it under "Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats" last month...
I think that among his many virtues, he definitely has been THE Khechari expert among the ayp friends. Hopefully someone will manage to grow into becoming his successor as Khechari authority...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000