Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Pressure on the Brow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

warlock

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  11:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been doing AYP DM for the last 4 months. I added spinal breathing pranayama about 3 weeks ago. I have been trying to take a slow approach. I do about 4 minutes of spinal breathing every session with 15 minutes of DM. I have been noticing increasing pressure in the brow region of my forehead. The sensation isn't painful but it is a pressure that is building up there. Are these overload symptoms? Should I think about scaling back my spinal breathing?

I take plenty of time to rest after my meditations. I rest for periods of 10-15 minutes often. Anyways, I saw the post about kundalini symptoms (in the kundalini symptoms thread) and it got a bit nuanced for me. Should I try some grounding techniques right now? Or should I scale back my practice? I know that there isn't a definite answer. I would just like advice from experienced practitioners.

I forgot to add that I have been studying a lot of spiritual topics lately. I have been watching a lot of Adyashanti on youtube and doing some self inquiry. I might need to scale that back as well.

Edited by - warlock on Jan 17 2014 12:05:42 AM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  02:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello warlock
as long as we are practicing we will have symptoms along the way.
Only if we are unconfortable in daily life we scale back.Otherwise it is just normal purification
all the best!
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  04:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Warlock,
Hi! It does not sound like overload to me. Are you also practicising Shambhavi with the Spinal Breathing? If you force shambhavi you could get pressure. Otherwise of course like Maheshwari suggested it seems like normal purification.
In the mean time - happy practicing!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  12:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am five months in and have experienced that pressure on Ajna. Sometimes areas of my skull have a numbness as well, particularly on my yoga class days. Both are transitory, but if they're keen, I skip a "sit". That's usually enough rest for me. Hope that helps, good luck!
Go to Top of Page

warlock

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  03:50:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. I think I was experiencing some overload last night. It turned into a head ache that lasted most of the night. I cut out the spinal breathing in my last 2 sessions. I feel a lot better and feel a bit "lighter." Looking back, I think that the overload symptoms were happening the last week on a very subtle level. I noticed I was getting slight headaches but just shrugged them off. I think I am very sensitive to spinal breathing.

I might stick with just DM for a few more weeks and slowly introduce SPB again. This time, I think I will only do about 2 minutes per session for a while.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2014 :  1:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sound like a plan!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000