AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Writing as a tool for Self-Inquiry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2014 :  1:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The inner world, being much more shaky before it comes to manifest, warrants careful consideration. So, I type these words, taking time to slowly feel each sensation bouncing off my fingertips between the interface of the keyboard. Each sentence will come from a vibration, a rhythm buried somewhere in the field of personal and collective consciousness.

So amazing that I can recall memories and night-dreams with increasing clarity. Quite astounding the invisible connections that get revealed through spontaneous alerts that pop into my movie-mind, which like a camera, is scanning the landscape of Being. The body wants to be attuned to its full potential. Precision is highly valued. Discernment is paramount. Oneness is the foundation.

All the wackiness and weirdness is just a shade of personality. I can directly sense how muscles in my feet are connected to my organs. I can tell how my hands are connected to my heart. The meridians and highways of the nerves seem to be microcosms of the entire universe, and somehow, there is plenty of space. No lack of space. Space will not run out. In this knowingness of satisfied and contented spaciousness, the mind can let go of chasing, for a little while. The mind will chase again, with less desperation for immediate results, and more preference for long-term and far-reaching consequences. Still, the smallness of creation finds a better place in the bigness of the un-created.

To be lost, twisted, confused and tortured is still part of the plan. There's nothing that escapes the plan. The fabric of the plan is possibility, so by design, possibility allows incalculable tangents.

If you would, write something is this vein of spontaneous awareness...fearing nothing that arises, but letting it flow. Don't write in an attempt to be true; write, just because writing, in itself, is true. Therefore, nothing that you write can be un-true. Or, write in an attempt to be true. I don't care. Either will work.

I just want to see if the vibrations speak without need for confirmation, since we seem to be seeking confirmation often. But can we just let the words go without putting a period, a closing conclusion, a happy ending on the flow? I will not judge you to be right or wrong, progressive or regressive, affirmational or counter-productive.

Self-inquiry through writing. Picking up and letting go. Picking up and letting go. The final motion is letting go. Like that.

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  01:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Funny BT... Do you know I used to be a writer? I even have an a Literary Award (from my country) to show for it... long ago... I stopped. And it's the one thing meditation did not bring back for me.. this form of inspiration and creativity. But I no longer search for it. I wait. Maybe it will come back, maybe it not. It no longer matters. There was a time when I would have said my Higher Purpose is expressed through writing but not anymore. I attended a meditation session for world peace with a Raja Yoga group last Saturday up in the mountains - it was quite a surreal experience - and one of the things they talked about is having a Higher Purpose. As I cannot put my finger on what it is I'm supposed to be doing here in this incarnation, I simply focus on the little things, like greeting people with a smile.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  07:08:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I write, but I don't think of myself a writer anymore than I think of myself a chef because I cook a meal.

Anything that is created spontaneously and unedited is creativity in action without effort and being mindful.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  2:32:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I write and think in fiction that's a fact.
Truth lies in the truth lies in the truth...
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2014 :  1:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Sey
What did you write, and may I read it? Pretty please.

@Karl
Yes, I don't want to "be a writer". I just like writing. Same with music. Being "a musician" is secondary and inferior to the playing of music.

@Dogboy
The fact of fiction is the dreams of men. Wait for it, and it will come. And once it comes, I just have to let it move me, then we are rolling.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000