Enlightenment Milestones
 Digging the well
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2014 :  4:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I dug the well very deep. Kept digging it. Then reached the opposite surface. I looked down the hole I had just spent many years digging.

Nice lesson in humility and hopelessness. Still, I now know how to dig a hole so that's progress

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2014 :  6:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes but the realization that nothing changes after digging that hole is important because you then you realize you weren't actually the digger
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2014 :  9:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe the hole dug you!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  01:10:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To quote AA: "Progress, not perfection!"

Hey Karl, I'll start digging from the States--you start digging from the UK, and then we'll meet in some tectonic cavern near the center of the Earth. It might be a little hot, but perhaps we can burrow with chunks of arctic ice strapped to our backs. We will face global warming head-on and use the heat for heart-melting purposes that will accelerate our enlightenment.

You dig?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  01:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A pointless task with a hopeless outcome. I don't know anything. I never did. Starting to hear for the first time and my cup runneth' over.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  03:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you end up in a different cell instead of "out of jail"?
(ref. The Count of Monte Cristo)

Much love and hugs dear Karl

Sey
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  08:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Did you end up in a different cell instead of "out of jail"?
(ref. The Count of Monte Cristo)

Much love and hugs dear Karl

Sey

No, just the exact same cell. Doh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000