Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 about money charged by Kriya (or other) Guru's :
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  02:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

I have come across quite some posts either directly or indirectly questioning the amount one has to spend in learning Kriya or other techniques. Here is my view on it :

think of the amount you spend every year on entertainment, be it movies, TV, dinners (at restaurants), wine, spirits (!!!), weekend trips, ski trips, or those weeklong trips to Hawai and also expensive cars instead of just a utility vehicle. For most people, it is in thousands of dollars every year. All of that is spent on momentary happiness, and a lot of those things don't give you even that happiness.

add to that all those fitness classes, gym money, Hatha Yoga classes and those special clothes .. all these you can do at home without spending a dime.

.... well, you get the drift.

and now you want this guy to teach techniques which you expect to change rest of your life, to give you experience of 'bliss' and then eventually, permanent bliss.

but you want it to be free and you don't want to make a 2-3 days trip for it ?

===================================
p.s. I have friends and extended family members who just refuse to understand this view. LOL ..

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  3:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing "these views"(have edited this portion as what you have written has an old familiar ring to it.) I can't speak for anyone but myself, and I for one do not spend money going to movies, eating at restaurants (cheaper and less unsanitary health issues)do not drink any alcohol be it wine or anything else. Take weekend trips or vacations to some exotic place. I own no gold, diamonds, expensive clothes, shoes, car, etc. I live very simply and do not even own a TV!

I do find it interesting how we as human beings are quick to assume everyone lives an extravagant lifestyle. Oh sure, some people do, but not everyone.

Also, I find it interesting as to why it is assumed if you are seeking Kriya or some other spiritual teaching you have wealth. Why is it assumed?

Sincerely wishing you all the best with your chosen path.

Indigo

Edited by - Indigo on Jan 12 2014 6:34:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  6:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
KYI recommends $150.00 that is not much in todays world, in fact my neighbors son informed me a new battery for his car set him back $125.00

I have to agree with Indigo, I too live a simple life, and have never went on a vacation like the one described here etc... but I do get the OP's point and the answer is people are tired of pie in the sky promises and getting scammed face it the Guru trade has earned it's bad rep.. Drinkers have a reasonable expectation of what expect from there bottle, T.V. watchers their canned laugh tracks, car buyers their ride and nights out on the town with a restaraunt experience.

When it comes to things Kriya ah now that is something the majority of people approach with caution. Too many fakes and scam artists have promised similar things only to ruin peoples lives.

So yes understandable. Once you know the difference though it is a different matter.

Still how does one put a price on the priceless?

Well here is how I see it. I take my base rate of pay before taxes and apply that to the time spent being taught. In this matter then equality is served in a financily responcible manner, if I have to travel, pay for accomidations and miss work to do so then the price can be readily seen as quite high. In this manner I would pay for being taught.
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  8:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello EK, good to read your posts again after I took some time off from online forums. I totally agree, KYI's $150.00 for a 2 day initiation and the Friday talk is not an exuberant amount to ask for.

So very true, seekers of Kriya or any other chosen path should be cautious and exercise good judgment when it comes to giving money to a teacher, guru, acharya,etc.( whatever title they choose to use.) The spiritual arena has its share of frauds, con-artists and opportunistic people. Seekers are fed up with being taken advantage of.

The con-artists are often very persuasive and good talkers offering the high pie in the sky promises. The opportunistic teacher is in it for his/her own benefit not for the benefit of all. It is nothing more than a business
opportunity.

I like your method for determining how much of a donation should be given based on factors. This is a wise plan. Thank you for sharing this with
everyone!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000