Enlightenment Milestones
 Enlightenment and Perfection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SwamiX

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  2:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I thought this was quite an interesting interview. This fellow, who claims to be enlightened, makes interesting claims about enlightened people. He claims that enlightened folks can be neurotic, can suffer. He backs this up with historical claims about the life of the Buddha and others.

He also claims that part of the problem with the spiritual path is that we have this model of enlightenment in which the folks who have attained it are basically perfect and beyond human foibles.
We have seen in the past where people become quite stunned and disillusioned when teachers (e.g., Mukananda and Marharishi ) are found to be chasing after the young alluring woman in the compound.

You might want to start with the first interview (You Can Do it- seconds link); it is both interesting in its own right, and sets the stage for the section part. I would be interested to hear what others have to say about his remarks -

http://www.buddhistgeeks.com/2007/0...ed-teachers/

http://www.buddhistgeeks.com/2007/0...u-can-do-it/

Giacomo

78 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  8:13:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nothing wrong with chasing woman

tomorrow I'm gonna try and chase my futur spouse if I see her again, if I don't she won't be my woman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000