Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Hand palms kissing each other
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zero

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  2:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All

For past couple weeks, during the deep meditation and samyana, I feel some intense pleasurable force between the center of each palm. I keep my hands interlocked (like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:L...Mahasaya.jpg)

It feels really good, kind of the hands are kissing each other. I don't know what is going on energy wise but if someone can provide some explanation it would be awesome!

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  2:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi zero,

It is the chakras in your hands activating. There are two energy channels that run from your heart down each arm and end at the centres of your palms. When they activate they may feel hot, or tingly, or as if there is a magnetic connection between them.

It is the basis for laying-on-hands as a healing method.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

zero

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  2:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

Thanks for the explanation. So does it mean that the energy is going from one palm and into another palm and back to the heart like a circuit?

Hari Om
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  3:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi zero,

Not really. There are circuits which happen in the body such as the microcosmic orbit going up the spine and down the front of the body, and the flow of prana out of the open crown and back into the body. But the connection between the hands and the connection with the heart is more of an activation and energization rather than a circular flow.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2014 :  09:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by zero

So does it mean that the energy is going from one palm and into another palm and back to the heart like a circuit?

Yes. In fact, Yogani has described hand mudras as a way of "closing the circuit", which I have verified many times over. I use a variety of hand mudras to regulate the flow of prana. The hands have microcosmic pressure points that are linked not only to the spine/chakras, but also the organs and front channels.

Yogani also recommends doing a gentle self-massage, in which you rub your hands all over your body in a systematic way that directs all energy to the heart. I do this often, and it works well, in conjuction with the various hand mudras. The melting of the heart is necessary for the outpouring of divine love to occur, and the heartspace is truly the center of enlightenment. It is where the raw force of the root chakra meets the sublime transcendence of the crown chakra. 4 is the middle number of 7.

The palms, being the center of the hands, are directly linked to the heart, being the center of the chakras.

Ecstatic conductivity and the flow of stillness cross all boundaries, dissolve all obstructions, and know no limits.

Godspeed.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2014 :  11:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yes. In fact, Yogani has described hand mudras as a way of "closing the circuit", which I have verified many times over. I use a variety of hand mudras to regulate the flow of prana.

Hi Bodhi,

Yes, a "circuit" is made in that sense- in the sense of a connection, or loop of energy. But not in the sense that zero was describing it, coming out of one hand, in to the other and up to the heart. A left-to-right, or right-to-left flow does not happen.

But a circuit is made more like an AC ring-mains loop where prana is not flowing one way or another, but is still energized and active. And you can still get an electric shock from it.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2014 :  5:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can only speak from experience, and my experience is that energy can flow between the palms (not only in the mudra that Zero referenced, but also when the palms aren't even physically touching--lots of Qigong utilizes that palm-to-palm flow by making a ball shape. I can do it very easily).

Also, the energy can go left-to-right, or right-to-left, or just remain statically active (as you say). I can feel all three scenarios happening, and I can direct it whichever way I want with the spinal nerve and command from the third eye. So, I don't need to read any books or confirm it from an outside source--I can just observe it on a subtle visual plane, not to mention the feeling of the flow.

Maybe it doesn't happen for you, or maybe you read a book giving you a certain diagram of the energetics, but my direct experience says otherwise.

Kundalini has a life of her own, but we are able to influence and shape the flow. If that weren't the case, why would Yogani advocate Spinal Breathing Pranayama?

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  04:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi,

Yes, certainly if you begin to use your conciousness to direct the flow of the prana then you could cause it to flow in one direction or the other. I would agree with you there from my experience.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000