New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  4:36:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,
Found out something really sad today. Victor, who had been with us for a very long time, passed away in July.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...19931#page=1

Another member asked me about him and I checked his FB page : https://www.facebook.com/victor.leo...f=ts&fref=ts

May he rest in peace. Love you Victor.

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  5:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So sad to learn of Victor's passing. I met him once in San Francisco, and liked him a lot. Blessings, Victor.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  8:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rest in peace Victor, sad to hear you are no longer with us.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  8:06:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very sorry to hear about Victor, I remember his many contributions over the past years. I'm sure he had a good passing.
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  8:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
He will be missed...but his contributions helped me on my path and will not be forgotten.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  9:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for telling us, Shanti

This saddens me a lot. I was getting to know him outside the forums, and chatted with him a week before he passed. Hadn't heard from him since, so I assumed Facebook was being weird and selective about whose posts I see.

Victor was a tremendous inspiration. He was a yogi to the core. Very open and honest. I sensed absolutely zero B.S. in him. And he was hilarious. A very true human being.

Very sad, and very honored to have known him.

Love to Victor and his loved ones.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  12:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing this, Shanti.

It is such a loss, I don't know what to say.

Victor was involved with AYP since 2004, and over the years we had quite a few email exchanges. Being a long time hatha yogi from the Iyengar tradition, and an expert in pranayama, he came looking for assistance with kechari mudra, and soon picked up on deep meditation and other practices from AYP that he felt helped bring balanced progress in his practices and life. We were last in touch earlier this year when he had started teaching full-scope practices in a yoga studio near his home in California. He was pretty excited about it.

Sometimes we would not hear from Victor for several months, so his absence from email and the forum since July did not seem unusual. Upon checking the forum record, he last signed in here on July 10th, the day he passed. He was always here, even when he was not posting much. His spirit will be with us always. The eternal gentle presence of a true yogi.

Rest in peace, Victor. We will carry on...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  12:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So sad to hear about this. Always looked forward to his posts, discoveries, and undertakings as they were unraveling. Also noticed the visit timestamp which can be taken as a last message here from him pointing to the way forward.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  04:51:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What?!! Unbelievable. ..may he rest in peace
.it is said that in sudden death like this, one doesn't realise he is dead
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  09:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May Allah give you rest dear Victor
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  09:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rest in peace, Victor.

After reading the article regarding the circumstances of his death, it increases my devotion to a sober life of spirituality, in which the dangers of wrecklessness are minimized, and the vibrant aliveness of calm awareness is favored. I will celebrate Victor's life by trying to maximize the divine grace that is available to us, eternally.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  12:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Victor
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  06:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rest in peace Victor.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  11:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't really know Victor but I thought of him often. For some darn reason I would always look to see if he posted an update to his AYP class that he started. When I saw this post my thought was Yes he finally provided an update and it brought a smile to my face.

Now it is him who is smiling on us. Thank you for your wisdom and continued guidance Victor.

Edited by - jonesboy on Dec 30 2013 7:56:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  1:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm feeling the loss

Namaste, Victor.

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  4:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So very sad to hear this. He was on my mind quite a bit the last few months, and I often wondered why he was not posting. So glad to continue to feel his presence through his writings here. Rest in peace dear Victor.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  5:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
He was always the first to respond to a kechari question!

Rest in peace, Victor.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  02:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
He was always the first to respond to a kechari question!

so true
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  09:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rest in peace dear Victor...
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  12:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We can now be assured that an established AYP group will be waiting for us when we get there. Rest in peace Victor.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  7:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed Victor's insightful posts and got great vibes from him. It is a journey every one of us must make - and we usually don't know when - but in the case of a true yogi passing over, while we miss him on this plane, I cannot help but think of the rapture that is his on the other side.
Go to Top of Page

Jaycee

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2014 :  12:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jaycee's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was very sorry to hear about Victor's passing. When I first discovered AYP, Victor was a frequent poster and always concise and to the point. God bless and goodbye, Victor,
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  11:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
RIP Victor. For the past few months his post about his accident had been coming to my awareness constantly and always wondered how he was doing.

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2014 :  01:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Victor you are truly missed. When something like this happens, it reminds us how precious each moment is. Thank you for your generous contributions over the years. I always looked forward to reading your posts. May Source's Love continue to fill and guide you home.

Much love to you dear brother,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  1:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I didnt know him. But Im sad.

Love and Light, friend.
Go to Top of Page

tamasaburo

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  3:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rest in peace.

I remember he always contributed very generously and openly about his experiences. I will miss him.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000