Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 hello !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2013 :  6:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've lurked around this site since 2011, used a few pearls from here... I ended up posting 3 posts (I deleted 2 of them :-) ..) over last 3-4 days and was quite uneasy posting here. Looks like I might post more .. So, I think I will say Hi and write a bit about my small journey in this path as a reference.

well, hello ! :-)

I started Kriya Yoga in Sept. 2011. I was initiated by Ashok Singh and both Ashok and Ennio helped me a lot during my problems. and have been practicing First Kriya which comes close to AYP's SBP, Navi, Gurupranam, Yoni Mudra, Maha Mudra and some AUM chanting, Nadi Shodhana along with few Asanas. The routine has varied depending on my energy levels, need for pacing (thanks to AYP for this), and other things in life.

I got into a pretty bad state within first couple of months. It looks like a partial Kundalini awakening along with loads of emotional baggage that came out... I was almost semi-delusional for a month and took 3-4 months to get back completely to normal (So, I didn't practice at all for 4 months).

But since early 2012, there has been steady progress. Last few months, there has been increased activity in the spine (it's like a blissful wave traveling up) : a lot of time this happens outside of the actual session, sometimes in the whole back. Then there are sounds and some visions during the practice time. I ignore the visions (luckily they don't talk to me). Lately, there has been more and more feeling on the top of head and I slow down whenever that happens.

I've not gone into higher stuff like Samyana and Bastrika etc. I am actually surprised how quickly people here transition into more intense routines, but everyone is different.

What pushed me deeper was doing just 2-3 SBP (well, I do Kriya Pranayam) several times during the day (even at work desk) outside of regular practice.

On the whole, my approach to life (and people) has steadily changed (mostly for the better) over past 2 years. There is more appreciation of life (not just human life, but also plants, trees). I had suffered from depression most of the life and it's just gone now (and I hope it never returns). There is more bliss.

Thanks to AYP for the insights on 'pacing', IAM chanting meditation.

regards,
Savyasachi

Edited by - NoDogma on Dec 29 2013 3:18:29 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2013 :  7:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums Savyasachi!
Good to have you with us.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  1:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome. Thanks for sharing this and saying hi.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  11:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome

Good to hear from you!!

Seems like good things are happening for you!

Enjoy
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  04:22:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Savyasachi

I had depression like you also, and it too disappeared with the spiritual practices and has never come back!

Welcome to the forums! It's good to have you here, thank you for posting.

Josh
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  1:15:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome and thank you for sharing
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000