Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama thrills
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  9:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Four months into AYP meditation and loving it! One of my favorite practices is the "I thought: who am I?" stage of samyama when I am bathed in loving waves of pleasure from top down and bottom up. It's as if the Universe is rewarding me for asking the question. Is this a direct link to the collective unconscious, or some prana trick within my body?

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  1:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say both.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  3:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whatever it might be, you can be sure the effects trickle all the way down through the koshas or sheaths making up the present form.

I too like that one, as it unloads some tension and brings more into perspective. It's almost like a forbidden question, making it that much more enticing to completely release into samyama.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  9:11:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What leads me to believe it's more than a trick is the response to only that sutra and not the proceeding ones. Even 'a kasha' pales in comparison! I notice the deeper the meditation, the stronger the samyama bliss. Whatever the reason, it's driving me forward!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000