Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 How do we get lucky? Deep meditation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  05:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am curious after reading today's lesson on Facebook :Lesson 43. If we do paranyama without meditation we attract crankiness and bad luck whereas if we do deep meditation, by itself or with paranyama we attract good luck. How does this work? Do we really create our own luck?

Edited by - catrynn on Dec 16 2013 05:16:11 AM

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  09:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by catrynn

I am curious after reading today's lesson on Facebook :Lesson 43. If we do paranyama without meditation we attract crankiness and bad luck whereas if we do deep meditation, by itself or with paranyama we attract good luck. How does this work? Do we really create our own luck?

Haha good question, but yes you care I can assure you.

This type of crankiness can be a very sour mood, and the bad luck is intense automatic and instantaneous karma wherein bizarre events build on themselves resulting in ridiculous situations undesirable to the small self.

Its a function of purification of and balance in the nervous system.
Go to Top of Page

Chaz

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  10:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Catrynn,

My perspective is that we get lucky when we listen to our intuition. I remember when I was in school sometimes I would be called on to answer a question that in my mind I felt I had no correct answers for, but in less than a fraction of a second an answer might pop into my consciousness (much to my surprise) and I'd just throw it out there hoping I wouldn't be embarrassed and then the teacher says I'm spot on. I definitely recommend intuition for anyone who is too lazy to study.

But you know, things like when you have a passing impulse to ask a friend to hang out when you're bored and they're getting ready to do something fun, and you end up having an enjoyable and eventful day. Or you say just the right things to someone and it gets you an unexpected favor. Things like that are IMHO a result of following your intuition, which is a consequence of a quiet peaceful mind. So I would say DM does help with good luck. It's not the reason for DM but definitely an effect of it. I think what Yogani is trying to say in that lesson is that pranayama with meditation creates favorable conditions for overall harmony and well being. But without being firmly rooted by DM, pranayama can leave us vulnerable to discordant forces that may result in less desirable experiences and "bad luck". At least that's what I took from his metaphor of plowing the field. After you plow the field with pranayama you plant the seeds of pure bliss consciousness with meditation. If there is no meditation you are not planting the seeds that you desire to sprout, you're just leaving your field open to let whatever wants to grow in it grow, and it's not all good. So that is my take on it. Hope that might answer your question. :)

Edited by - Chaz on Dec 16 2013 11:03:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  06:07:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for your answers. They are very clear. I only ask because for me luck is something that we can't really control. A bit fickle. A bit unknown. So here we are saying that if we have the right meditation we can have good luck but that if we just do paranyama practices there isn't anywhere for this energy to go to except perhaps our subconscious desires and so we get cranky and have bad luck. Does this mean then that our whole spiritual vibration is what attracts luck into our lives? Is luck then something like spiritual harmony or universal harmony?
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  11:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Interesting discussion going on here. I feel luck is nothing but a set of circustances in the future which are unforseen. A person with the right attitude, what we call "vivek" in sanskrit, takes the right decision in that particular set of circumstances. When we meditate, we inculcate positivity in our nervous system thereby improving our karma and perhaps the future too, to some extent thereby getting good luck. Hope this works. Althhough its a philosophical question and i know i have given a very limited answer.
Regards.
Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2013 :  06:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi amitraghat! Thank you for your answer. It seems that 'luck' really is the result of the right attitude towards life so that we can see the choices clearly and our vision settles for the most positive ones. I suspect it is all a question of vibes - the higher vibes we have through meditation, the more powerful and effective are our lives so it looks as though we have good luck when we are actually attracting good things by our vibrations. Something like that!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000