Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Unbalancing to the left in Pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  3:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I'm having a strange sensation while doing pranamya.
It seems that something is pushing me to my left all the time i do SBP. Besides when focusing my spine with my attention it seems that only my left "eye" can focus.

And yes i feel ecstatic conductivity mostly on the left side of my forehead.

Has anyone experienced a similar thing?

Thanks in advance for any clues

Noel

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  7:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey!
Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I seem to have much stronger feeling toward my Right side. I was wondering about this also, figured everything would fall into place for me after more practice. I have only been at this for about a month tho. =)
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  09:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste,

I have not experienced this. Sounds like the spinal breathing is working : )

Love
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  2:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey thanks a lot! i thought i was the only unbalanced around!
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2014 :  2:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anibaru,

watch your nostrils while breathing, sounds like ida is more active with you.

All in all it will balance itself out over time, but what you can do is: get more active, out of the room into nature, work, help/service to others etc. Eat more sattvic and rajasic food, decrease tamasic food aka too much fatty stuff (e.g. cheese). Adding asanas and muscle toning will help aswell.

What can be done regarding the spinal breathign technique itself is: try to breath slower with more focus and concentration into the sushumna nadi without straining your body-mind. If it is possible to do so only for some breaths, then afterwards you can breath faster. Then when the body-mind has adapted after some more breaths, you can try to get slower again. Slowing down the breathign speed will give you more control over the pranic flow and it will be easier to go into the sushumna nadi.

Do you practice it within an AYP routine? If yes, DM will help dramtically to open up the entry points to sushumna and to grow in concentration for entering it more easily.

But all in all there is nothing to worry about, sounds all fine here :)) Keep it up and happy practice :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000