AYP Helpers
 MySpace, Zaadz and other Online Communities
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  4:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

Does anyone have experience on www.myspace.com ?

Would this be a good place to establish a presence for AYP like Trip did on Zaadz?

http://ayp.zaadz.com (nice job, Trip!)

The reason I ask is because I read recently that the U.S. army is recruiting on MySpace. There must be a lot of young people there.

Better they join the yoga army, yes?

The guru is in you.

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  8:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, there are a lot of young people there. I've seen it on the news frequently in regards to parents monitoring their kid's internet activities and also for sting operations for child predators.

Their site has been up and down a bit lately due to power problems in LA and probs with the MySpace back up generators and the heavy volume there.

It seems a good place to gain interest for AYP. Their forum style isn't too sophisticated at first glance but it is worth checking out. A yoga army of young people sounds good to me. Better than the Marines, which is what my son is currently considering joining.

Trip, the site you set up is stellar. Really wonderful job.

Kathy

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  12:47:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wish the yoga army would've been recruiting when I joined the NG .

I think myspace would be the best option for spreading the word about AYP. Then hopefully people on Facebook start linking to that myspace site and you're in business. Apparently Facebook is the big thing now, but since AYP doesn't go to college I don't think it could be done.

The trick is, you'd need someone who is willing to spend a lot of time searching for potential friends on myspace.

I will add the AYP myspace as a friend once it's built.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  10:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your feedback, Kathy and Scott.

You know, we all own the present, but the future belongs to the young. I'm not sure most of us realize that until we get old and think, "Oh, did we do that?"

So I would be very happy to see many young people pick up the ball for the sake of the spiritual destiny of humanity. Who else can do it?

Thank you, Scott, for doing so. I'm sure we can find a way into the colleges too, and every other nook and cranny of human enterprise, because self-directed to-the-point spiritual development makes so much sense.

It has been said, "The best ideas are the ones that are implemented."

Go for it!

The title of this topic has been expanded to accommodate. There are no limits to what you can accomplish in this life...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  4:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

I've got one going. www.myspace.com/advancedyogapractices

I need something good for the following sections:
"About me"
"Who I'd like to Meet"
"Interests"

Also, if anyone knows how to make the myspace site look like this one it'd be helpful. Having the tannish background.

Edited by - Scott on Jul 29 2006 4:51:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  5:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While I'm personally against the idea of AYP on Myspace, I'll still be glad to help with the page. Scott, if you could email me the login/password for the account, I'll update the page with the "AYP Look" and fill in the needed sections. Thank you for the great work so far.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  7:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Trip said:
While I'm personally against the idea of AYP on Myspace

Well, why is that Trip?

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  7:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If anyone wants to take it over I could change the email address and password. I don't want to just give someone my email address though. Especially if it goes against their personal convictions.
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  10:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David: I have quite a bit of experience with Myspace, and I just don't feel that it's the proper venue for AYP. This is of course only my opinion, and if there are others who think it would be better to go forth with the idea, I am all for it.

Scott: No worries, I was just offering my help with what you had asked. Keep up the great work.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  10:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott:

I don't see an external link to the AYP site there. If it is permitted, the one to use is:

http://www.aypsite.com

Thanks for doing this.

Trip, are there liabilities in being on MySpace?

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  11:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good job Scott.
it's not just young people on myspace. I have a page there. But it is predominantly young people. it's great for advertising and networking. There are pages for cities, old movie stars, rock stars, people's dogs, the earth, stephen hawkings, anything you can think of.

That's me asking to be your friend. I'm "Omarius" on myspace.

It would be good if you split the "about me" section into paragraphs so it's easier to read.
HTML code goes at the end of "about me".
If you google myspace editor or myspace layout, there are a lot of free codes you can get.
Let me know if you want help.
does it have to match the color here? I think something different there would be nice.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jul 30 2006 12:59:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2006 :  11:05:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani
Trip, are there liabilities in being on MySpace?

No, I wouldn't say so. My vote against the idea was based more on the ratio of work to reward involved in promoting AYP through MySpace.

I could go into it a bit more, but as I've found myself greatly outnumbered on this one, I'm going to exit stage left while I still can.

As mentioned above, my services are of course still available for this project if needed.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  4:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Trip,

I agree with you that it'd be quite hard to "market". I don't personally have the time to add friends and spread the word.
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2006 :  10:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,

Since you have already taken the time to create the page, maybe we should give it a shot. You can change the email address on the account to aypzaadz@gmail.com so you don't have to give out your personal email address, and I'll get to work on finishing up the page and adding some friends. We can keep the password the same, so if you ever find yourself with some free time, you can get in on the fun.

Let me know what you think.

-Brett
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000