Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 I was Fired
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arjuna

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  4:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After 16 years with the same employer, a job force reduction resulted in the the termination of my employment.
This happened last Friday and just as I was entering the week 3 of my second time through the Presence Process.
I am getting what's required, and it is extremely emotionally difficult.
I do feel relief when I make an effort to remain present in the moment, but boy when my mind begins projecting stories, I just feel like a frightened little child.
What am I so afraid of??? I have such a loving supportive wife and family support system, and they are comforting me at every moment.
I am so lucky and yet so afraid.
I feel that you Souls are also my family and I want to thank you all for the posts that are shared at this forum. There is so much Love here, it is such a Blessing.
Love to all,
Arjuna.

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  6:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Arjuna

“Knock, And He'll open the door
Vanish, And He'll make you shine like the sun
Fall, And He'll raise you to the heavens
Become nothing, And He'll turn you into everything.”
#8213; Rumi

You know what to do.

I know I am not at a place where I could say that losing my job would not bother me. I can relate to how you are feeling. But looking back I have always had the belief that God is looking out for me. That he wants to help me and I find that each time I have had to learn a lesson. My life changes for the better.

quote:
What am I so afraid of???

Maybe of losing who you think you are?
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  7:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Heartfelt condolences Arjuna
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  8:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Arjuna,

Love and samyama for you.

Nothing happens by chance. And every ending is the beginning of something new. And 100% of the time, it is what is needed for our highest good whether we see it or not. Can you trust this? Can you make trusting it your practice for now? Your namesake won a war by trusting and surrendering a few thousand years ago.

Also, it is okay to be upset and afraid and disappointed. Perfectly okay. No point in bypassing stuff like this because we are "spiritual".. The way out of it is through it.

Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  8:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Arjuna,

Love and hugs here for you. Thank you. It is wonderful to hear of the love around you. Thank you for bringing it our way, too.

Light
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  9:30:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Arjuna,

Love you man!

It will work out ok - attend to your inner turmoil with breathing, determine a course of intelligent action about how to respond to your situation, and lovingly invite the thoughts to do what they will!

In very intense situations, where the thoughts are very strong, it can be helpful to ask them "Thoughts, I'm going to write the frightening stories you tell me down on paper so I can see you clearly, please express yourselves!" And then just write it all down. Allows you just to see clearly what the mind is spinning.

I feel that it will go well for you in the end.

Love,

J

Edited by - mr_anderson on Nov 05 2013 9:32:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  01:48:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Arjuna
fully understand what you feel, i would feel the same
It happened, so whether we want it or not we have to keep on walking
it is not easy, but what to do?
i would suggest to take a break for few weeks at least, as a vacation, then slowly feel what you would like to do next
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  01:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So sorry to hear that. Much love to you.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Arjuna

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  5:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your Love and support! Truly I am blessed
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  10:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

Dear Arjuna,

Love and samyama for you. (...)
Perfectly okay. No point in bypassing stuff like this because we are "spiritual".. The way out of it is through it.

This is not the beginning of the end (but it can become an end of a beginning). We're not our roles; we enter them to learn things, but when we've learnt enough it's perfectly natural to move on, to a new role.

Best of luck, Arjuna!
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  4:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Arjuna,

When one door closes 100 others opens. I have in the same situation about 10 years ago and ended up at a better place. Believe in your Guru Ishta and long term you will be in a better place. Keep continue with your Sadhna with a detachment and also do long walks that definitely helps. Bye the way there are lot of job openings every where now a days.

Just like great Arjuna with so many doubts early on at the end you will be just fine.

All the best

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  8:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Arjuna,

Hugs to you! I can't comprehend what you may be going through. But would like to say that everything happens for a reason. Good things are waiting for you. Just trust that knowing in you.

Love,
Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  08:08:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Arjuna,

i can very much relate to your situation, coz i´m also currently unemployed, have a very supportive husband and a mind that also creates all kinds of terrible scenarios. what i´ve been trying to do is to ACCEPT EVERY thought that comes when it comes. they´ll keep coming back until you stop running away from them. when i´m ready to face it i say mentally to it and really believe it:"ok, i accept the possibility that what you´re saying to me could be true and i won´t fight you anymore.you´re stronger.i admit defeat.let it be, let it come if it has to. i´ll stay with it." it´s samyama really. and that´s the hardest part. to let it go. to die. to get naked on the inside.

and then i let my attention go to the place in the body where i feel discomfort/pain of some kind and i keep looking at it. at the place of pain behind the thought.

the pain and the thoughts will dissolve shortly afterwards and then you´ll feel very light and spacious on the inside. like a newborn.

i believe you wanted this to happen to you.so you could grow.although it hurts now.
and when it dissolves, you´ll get the answer to your question: "what am i afraid of?"

of the fear itself.

like Yogani says: take heart!

Go to Top of Page

DoctorWho

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  01:13:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"This too shall pass"

Hang in there brother
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  02:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
i´ve been trying to do is to ACCEPT EVERY thought that comes when it comes. they´ll keep coming back until you stop running away from them. when i´m ready to face it i say mentally to it and really believe it:"ok, i accept the possibility that what you´re saying to me could be true and i won´t fight you anymore.you´re stronger.i admit defeat.let it be, let it come if it has to. i´ll stay with it." it´s samyama really. and that´s the hardest part. to let it go. to die. to get naked on the inside.

and then i let my attention go to the place in the body where i feel discomfort/pain of some kind and i keep looking at it. at the place of pain behind the thought.

that is very good
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000