Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 What happened? (My experience)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tshirt

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  07:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
One day I was meditating and I decided to send love to everyone that came into my mind.
I lay on my bed, eyes closed, and I visualised all the people who had ever hurt me emotionally in the past, I imagined a golden light of love from above going into my head and body, and then the light came out from my heart and towards the person I was forgiving. I kept forgiving everyone I could think of. And I kept repeating "I send you love, I forgive you".

After a while, I found my focus was extremely sharp, and I had no other thoughts. All my mind had was "I love you, I forgive you". That mantra kept repeating non-stop. At first consciously, and then at one point, strangely it became unconsciously repeating itself. I lost sense of time, and I found that mantra repeating itself at a faster rate. And as it became rapid, I felt more bliss and joy, until....at one point, I felt a mental "explosion" a very blissful climax. But this was 100x better than a physical climax. My entire being was filled with BLISS. I could not stop smiling! I quickly got up and went to the mirror. I was smiling ear to ear, with true joy,and my eyes were showing true happiness and bliss. At that moment, I felt very confident and good about myself. I felt like I could achieve anything I want. I never felt that way before.

What happened there?

Anyone had this type of experience before? Like a mental orgasm?

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  08:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Tshirt,

Welcome to the forums! What you describe - bliss explosions as a result of spiritual practices - is a relatively common phenomenon, if you're using the right the practices.

They typically tend to accompany experiences where our sense of self expands beyond its previously limited confines. By extending your love and forgiveness out toward everyone, this is what you were activating. I've had multiple experiences along these lines - recently I was on a 7 day silent retreat, inquiring into my nature with the question: "What Am I?".

Somehow there was an intensity of effortless concentration that there had never been before, until I was literally not even aware of sounds or bodily sensations, all that appeared in awareness was this question "What Am I?"

There was a huge blissful explosion/climax, and the whole world, including my sense of self, revealed itself as a transparent illusion appearing within awareness. I could see the transparency of all thoughts and sense perceptions, and how they are just waves upon, illuminated by, the infinite ocean of consciousness. The experience lasted for about 1.5 days, and was probably the most joyful experience of my entire life.

With AYP practices (first lesson here: http://www.aypsite.org/10.html ) it is possible to systematically cultivate inner ecstatic bliss as a regular feature of our daily life.

Lots of people here are doing it and experiencing the benefits. Have you tried the practices?

Love and best wishes,

Josh

Edited by - mr_anderson on Nov 04 2013 08:50:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

KellyN

75 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  09:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tshirt,
I cannot say that i have had an experience like that, sounds profound and amazing :) I have been practicing pretty inconsistently lately because of my schedule but am giving it my truest effort to practice everyday, at least once. I notice that some experiences are happening to me me outside of DM. For instance, i have had hypnogogic happenings in which a loving voice tells me, "they are all valid but pick one and stay with it." This was a response to a question i held at one point about what meditation/spiritual path to follow. I am still following The AYP because it feels right for me. Anyway, the other thing that happens to me is vibrations throughout my body, especially in DM but outside of DM too. It comes on like a wave and my head begins to tingle while my body feels like it is growing cold. Its strange but not necessarily uncomfortable. I am not advanced enough in DM to say that i have experienced thoughtlessness or the absence of thoughts or any kind of expansion of self beyond known limits while in practice. I still have the floating, random thoughts of monkey mind. It is what it is...and i am noticing more patience and acceptance in my daily life because of my practices. Thank you so much for sharing your experience!!
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  11:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Tshirt,

what you intuitively picked up, the percept as some authors call it, is something that Klaus Joehle teaches in his books, and undoubtedly it can be found elsewhere too.

Others mention the descent of spontaneous divine grace, which can also manifest surrounding some specific practice almost like an 'initiation' or preview. The end result will be the stirring of an inner longing or desire that will always stay with you.

I don't think it always has to be something big, only sufficient that it awakens the desire, the insatiable curiosity to experience more along those lines.

Take my own experiences as an example. I wouldn't call them unusual in any way, but for whatever reason they revealed the inner 'magic' of Being itself, and of direct intimate contact with the world through the senses and its interplay with this mysterious sense of self that's like an endless well in which unfelt-pristine expression is ever active. Pondering and reflecting on it is endless, and to me acts as a portal to timelessness on wings of subtle bliss, enticing, inspiring more words about it all of which fail to capture or convey the allure.

In the lessons here that Mr Anderson linked you'll see this being introduced right away. Systematic practice of some sort or another makes it more likely to exert specific changes that reach beyond a threshold to rediscover the same experiences, and much more, within a more reasonable time frame. The opportunity is always ever now. The question of whether the potential is explored fully, or minimally, now suddenly takes on a different meaning in light of such experiences.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  11:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AumNaturel

Take my own experiences as an example. I wouldn't call them unusual in any way, but for whatever reason they revealed the inner 'magic' of Being itself, and of direct intimate contact with the world through the senses and its interplay with this mysterious sense of self that's like an endless well in which unfelt-pristine expression is ever active. Pondering and reflecting on it is endless, and to me acts as a portal to timelessness on wings of subtle bliss, enticing, inspiring more words about it all of which fail to capture or convey the allure.

Yes.
Go to Top of Page

tshirt

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  02:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
What would that experience of mine have achieved for me spiritually?

Do I have to strive to get back into that state over and over again?
Go to Top of Page

tshirt

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  02:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May I know if this method that I used is similar to Love and Forgiveness Samyama?
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  10:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tshirt

What would that experience of mine have achieved for me spiritually?

Do I have to strive to get back into that state over and over again?

Hi tshirt,

I assume you have your answer to those questions.

Bewell
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2013 :  3:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tshirt,

Me again. I think I was being a little cagey, that is, uncommunicative, in my response above. I actually do think you know some of the answers to your questions, but I can also give my point of view. And that may be of some assistance.

Starting with the second question: Do I have to strive to get back into that state over and over again? You can try, but my guess is that it will never be the same. You could turn it into a regular practice, saying, "I send you love, I forgive you" and that would be fine, but the energy aspect would probably level out over time. That would be fine too.

As to the first question: What would that experience of mine have achieved for me spiritually? It sounds to me like you had a sense of profound joy. That is wonderful. I hope it will inspire you to keep on expressing love and forgiveness in all the relationships of your life. You have inspired me.

Feeling the love,

Be
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000