Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Crown activity and my practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  8:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am aware of the dangers of messing with the crown before it is time so I am just posting this to make sure that everything is ok.

Background:

I just finished TPP (The Presence Process) a few weeks ago and jumped right back into AYP. When I was doing TPP it was the first time I ever had any crown activity.

One thing I have noticed is each time I restart AYP I have become more and more sensitive to the energy. In the past if I skipped the weekend and went back to what I was doing before it would lead to overloading and I learned to dial it back. I really learned to not skip at all.
Now I am back doing 5 min SB and 10 min of DM. For the first time I am noticing a burning feeling sometimes in Ajna. This is kinda weird for me because I have always felt movement in Ajna during the day but I have never had the little cinder sensation before. I know that is a symptom of doing to much but I am not overloading.

With regard to the crown. lol, I have had periods now where sometimes I am not sure if I have a crown on the top of my head when I try to rest my awareness their. I feel the cool breeze and actually feel the top of my head to see if it really is cool or just a breeze or something :) I am in Az. So it really isn't cold here! I do feel crown activity through out the day.

During the day now it feels just like I feel after my DM session. Not as intense but I can rest my awareness in the silence. I believe this is a good thing but I am not sure if it I can create any problems by doing this. There is no bliss associated with this just silence.

Now this sounds like an overload waiting to happen. But I am not having any symptoms of overloading. I am not spacing out or over reacting to things. I feel good. Different but good. I have really noticed the record player in my head telling the same story over and over again. I am also feeling really drawn to Samyama at the moment and just started doing it the last few days. Once in the morning.

My DM has gotten much deeper in both sessions now.

p.s. The only time I ever mess with the crown is out of practice and then not very often. By mess I mean put my awareness their.

So am I ok or should I really dial things back and just do DM for awhile?

Edited by - jonesboy on Oct 23 2013 10:48:50 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  08:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jonesboy,
Everything sounds great. I don't see anything that would indicate that it is "like an overload waiting to happen".. all of what you have written sounds like you are headed() in the right direction.

Overloads are not fun, I agree, but fear of possible overloads can be just as bad, prevents us from enjoying the journey and let go in the now.

You will know when are close to the edge, then back off... else I would say keep going.

All the best!

PS: As we open more and more... our "normal" changes and it's better to accept the new "normal" and keep going.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  10:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti! That is what I wanted to hear I am not fighting it. I am not fearing it. I am happy about it.

At the same time it is always best to double check.

Thank you again for the help
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2013 :  11:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoyed this exchange.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  12:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A little update:

The inner silence did help me with the Witness state for two days. It was pretty amazing being able to watch my thoughts, how my thoughts really likes to worry and create issues. The best part of course was the feeling of those negative emotions and thoughts just washing over me. I did an asana class that was my best ever during that time. Pretty amazing how our thoughts make things so difficult. It was also very grounding and made the effect much less.

The inner silence has settled in but is not very pronounced. I can be in the silence but it is not as easy or as pronounced during the day. The emotions are now attaching to me instead of washing over me.

My meditation does not seem to be very deep but I do feel a lot of energy. I had a block in my neck for two days that was driving me crazy. I tried the Shree Shree I Am for a few days and it helped. I then started to get some anxiety and I changed back to I Am. I feel like I need to do something, that I am missing something with the energy during DM. Sidhasana maybe??

I feel like I am getting the bubbles from a rising cup. I am getting a taste of what is to come. I had my first visual this weekend I was at Wal-mart of all places with my wife. I walked in and Opened myself to everyone. I then saw everyone in like a rainbow bubble. It was like a beautiful dance. My first thought was who am I do interfere with this.. as in peoples lifes.. It was quick only a few seconds...

I figure I need to let things be. To surrender and not try for the silence.. It is hard, it is a little confusing for me at the moment.

Thank you for letting me share..
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  3:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For anyone following I found part of my answer here.

Adyashanti - Rest As Awareness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIX_zk5NN6g
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  09:28:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Jonesboy

I like how you relate what you experience, specifically. Your vision is wonderful. This is an amazing blessing!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  6:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This has been happening on and off for a little while now.

I seem to have episodes of the witness while in DM. It is the period in between from when I am saying I AM and when normally I would find my chin on my chest. I have this awarness that I am observing my meditation or outside of it. My awareness seems lighter compared to what I perceive as normal while doing DM. I have not tried to explore it. Every time I have been like hmm this is weird, and moved my awareness back to what I would call my normal non witness state while in DM. But now that I am thinking about it, it doesn't seem right to do that.

Is this just scenery? Should I attempt the mantra while in this state? Can someone tell me what that is?

Edited by - jonesboy on Nov 24 2013 7:04:58 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000