Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Light from below?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cate

USA
29 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2013 :  9:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namasté All,

A few times now while meditating I have seen a light shining up from below. I am more used to seeing any light phenomena in my head, either around the 3rd Eye region, or coming from above my head in the crown chakra area, so this is new for me.

I cannot pinpoint where exactly this light is coming from (as soon as I move my gaze to look down at it, it disappears), but it is below my head and is shining up towards my head.

Any ideas on what this is?

Thank you!

Cate

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  09:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds Beautiful!!!

I am not an expert at this, but it could be your heart opening. Do you feel anything in the heart or solar plexus area?
If you feel drawn to it, maybe you can add Heart Breathing to your routine.
http://www.aypsite.org/220.html
Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  10:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a thought on this regarding perception of what is going on.

I remember reading on this forum some time ago that what we see in the third eye might be a reflection on what is going on in the sushumna.

This made sense to me particularly when I would see a brilliant colour such as pink or green or blue, which would equate with the heart and the throat chakras.
When I applied this different perception of what was going on in the third eye it often seemed like the light was coming from down in the body.
Does this make any sense with your experience?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2013 :  11:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Imho I think this is the heart area.
Go to Top of Page

Cate

USA
29 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2013 :  01:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti - thank you for the link for the Heart Breathing exercise. I will try it out. No, I don't feel anything at the time that the light is shining. I'm just off doing my meditation thang and then suddenly after some time has passed it dawns on me, "Hey, what's that light doing there??" lol

Hi Sparkle - Wow, that is an intriguing idea! It sounds plausible to me that it could be a reflection of light from inside the Sushumna, especially since our awareness travels up and down the Sushumna for SBP.

Hi Ananda - I hope the light will appear again so I can try to get a better fix on it to ascertain if it is indeed the heart chakra or a reflection of light coming up the Sushumna.

Namasté all

Cate
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000