New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  9:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

The more my heart opens the more I care and the more compassion I feel for myself and others.

If I am contracted and closed and suffering I don't feel that caring so much.

So for me the more open I am, and apparently closer to God, the more caring and compassionate I feel.

That's my experience

Nicely said, Sparkle, your warmth is most inspiring. My own feels very much the same way, too. I don't know exactly where this discussion steered so far-off from the context of my initial post. Sure, I do grok that it seems a bit stark that the undifferentiated state of the Absolute is not aware, per se, of the relative woes of separate beings dreaming themselves real... but nothing about existence is an either-or scenario. Surrender and detachment walk hand-in-hand.

As kami wisely offers, some things simply are beyond human quantification and psychological anthropomorphism. And Brahman/God simply is what it is. Beyond the beyondest beyond. Yet here, present and immanent within this moment, now and forever. The Grand paradox.

We can but cultivate concentration and devotion... thereby directing our focused intent towards our interconnection and wholeheartedly embrace immersion. This leap of faith allows for the birth of that crystalline clarity of attention, by which we release our finite self and directly experience the Eclipsing of the human and the Divine.

Seems it's turned into some kind of either or game? Our cherished preferences mean little to nothing in the Eye of Eternity. We needn't, as individuals, make a choice or distinction between Brahman/God/Allah being transcendent of the fabric of duality (which includes joy and sorrow, energy and inertia, ignorance and enlightenment) in lieu of our human compassion for mankind's seemingly endless rounds of births and deaths, repeatedly encountering the probability of intense suffering.

The compression of mortal ignorance holds onto the Jiva because of our remaining ego-identification, essentially veiling the internal witness from perceiving of the reality behind the appearances, the Infinite truth from the finite mirage. Ergo, the dream of separation fades when the living Presence of the Supreme Being is consciously merged within.

The sheer irony is that we are already That. Naught but the Sacred Flame brings light to the darkness of the unawakened witness. And nothing exists save the Divine, despite the Maya of differentiation. This Omniscience surely highlights the impermanence of the separate self. All is the Lila of Brahman.

But we play the role of the Seeker of Truth and practice our Sadhana in a way of attunement and service to our Divine ideal. From my windowsill, this create much compassion and surely, increases the love one expresses to the universe at large and its' panorama of sentient entities and myriad forms and substances. We share the same vibe.

Any soul whihc experiences finite existence is compassionate for it's own fellows and the many cohabitants on this planetary body. Higher shifts in conscious-awareness almost appear to self-generate a loving internal peace and a powerful desire to act harmoniously. So much more the intrinsic need for a God Principle, as we are all ONE without a second, symbiotic reflections of the totality. And so, when we take care of each other, we take care of our own self. For we are all Brahman/God/Allah and share our core within the Omniscient Field of Indivisibility. Hence the sheer bliss and the unity!

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti

Edited by - Govinda on Nov 14 2013 9:39:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000