Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 How to ensure energy goes via sushumna?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

arti

Christmas Island
18 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  6:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks,

During spinal breathing it seems sometimes tough to visualise it going via central channel and not right or left :D Sometimes its easy. Some tips? :D

arti

Christmas Island
18 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2013 :  6:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I visualise small ball of light moving up and down, it works fine yet sometimes it does not want to go up and down. Do I apply extra will power to it? or? :D

I tried more i can easily draw lines with dot of attention in legs, etc when it comes to spinal area seems like it wants some promise lol However I value freedom unshackled by promises :D

Edited by - arti on Sep 11 2013 6:48:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  08:12:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi arti,

The short answer is I don't know how to ensure the energy stays in the center.

My experience- If it arcs and I could still make it root to brow, I would still favor the center but not be too concerned. If I was swirling around in a side channel and completely lost, not able to find the brow, I would stop and restart.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  08:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Arti,
Welcome to the forums. Like Lalow said you favour the centre. If however your attention gets stuck at some point along the spine and will not move along just jump that portion or jump straight to the centre of your brow if on inhale else root if on exhale. Just be gentle with the process. In time it will all work the way it should.
Go to Top of Page

arti

Christmas Island
18 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  11:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.

quote:
Next, with each rising inhalation of the breath, allow your attention to travel upward inside a tiny thread, or tube, you visualize beginning at your perineum, continuing up through the center of your spine, and up through the stem of your brain to the center of your head.

So from the neck it goes up via back of the head via top and then down to third eye? Following scalp so to say.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2013 :  4:17:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No arti we don't go to the top of the head when doing SB.

From lesson 41 "with each rising inhalation of the breath, allow your attention to travel upward inside a tiny thread, or tube, you visualize beginning at your perineum, continuing up through the center of your spine, and up through the stem of your brain to the center of your head. At the center of your head the tiny nerve makes a turn forward to the point between your eyebrows".

So straight up to the center of your brain/head and then it makes a turn. We don't focus or think about the crown of the head when doing SB. Once you get that down just relax into the process that is SB. It can be a very pleasurable process.
Go to Top of Page

arti

Christmas Island
18 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  07:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes makes sense, else premature flow of energy might occur :D
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  01:41:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its Ananda. Pure Bliss. And if this is the beginning then the future would be Nirvana!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000