Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP Skype Meditation Synchronized with Kripalu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2013 :  11:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone!

For those who would like to bask in the silence at the Kripalu retreat but can't be there in person, I'm hosting a global Skype meditation synchronized with the second of two back-to-back morning sessions. Kripalu won't be joining us on Skype, but we will be meditating together at the same time, and we'll be following their format.

Date: Saturday, September 28th
Time: 9:00 AM Central (GMT - 05:00)
Format:
10 min spinal breathing ---------9.00 - 9.10
20 min meditation--------------9.10 - 9.30
10 min samyama---------------9.30 - 9.40
10 min rest -------------------9.40 -9.50

Please respond to this post or send me a message via my profile page if you would like to participate.

All the best!!
--Liz

Edited by - whippoorwill on Sep 07 2013 11:22:23 PM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2013 :  11:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally a Skype mediation I can make. (Have been working for the last several)

Had been planning to join at least one of the meditations remotely, but a planned formal Skype meditation is even better. Can't wait.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2013 :  11:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very exciting!
Thanks Liz for organizing these Skype meditations!
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  03:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mary and I would like to join as well.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  12:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a great idea, Liz!

I might be able to make this, but I'll let you know...
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  5:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone!

Just bumping this thread. If you can't make it to Kripalu, here's your chance to share in one of the meditations!

Carson and Cosmic, will you still be attending?

All the best!!
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  6:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mmmmmmmmhhhhhhh 0500 hrs GMT, I might bring the laptop to bed and set the alarm and meditate in bed, we'll see
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  7:05:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sparkle!
Hope you can make it! I think Chicago is 6 hours behind Dublin, so 9:00 AM in Chicago should be 3:00 PM in Dublin.

Here's a time-zone converter for you: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...nverter.html

Edited by - whippoorwill on Sep 26 2013 7:06:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  9:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately I won't be able to make (yet another) skype meditation. Have been called in to work on both of my days off this week.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2013 :  05:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by whippoorwill

Hi Sparkle!
Hope you can make it! I think Chicago is 6 hours behind Dublin, so 9:00 AM in Chicago should be 3:00 PM in Dublin.

Here's a time-zone converter for you: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...nverter.html

Hi whippoorwill(nice name), thanks for clarifying the time, actually the 5am would have been doable, at 3pm I will be sailing around Dublin Bay enjoying the breeze and good company. Maybe will join you some other time.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2013 :  10:59:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks All, Nice meditation!!

Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2013 :  1:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it was something wasn't it?

We enjoyed it alright.

Thank you Yonatan for the company, and you too Liz, for setting it up.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2013 :  10:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! Thanks so much for joining me! It was lovely.

Hi Carson and Sparkle! Perhaps we'll catch ya another time.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  08:57:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for joining in.
And
Thank you Liz for organizing this!

I had mentioned it to the group before we started our first meditation session, but must confess, I forgot about it during the second one when you guys did join in.

Later when we discussed the morning sessions, everyone seemed to have felt the second session was more open. I think having you all join in made a huge difference... so thank you so much for that.

Much love to all of you!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000