New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 43

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  03:22:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
As it is very difficult for anyone of us to decide
what is best for the world, I think and feel that
our samyama should be directed with no specific intent,
the only intent should be: "Use this samyama wherever
it is needed most, send Light and Love to the earth
and to humanity wherever and for whatever is needed most."
I believe in a divine consciousness
and the will of that consciousness shall be done.
-Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang, Sparkle, Etherfish,

There is no 'best'of course. But your intent with the statement is a good one. Though I think we achieve that in doing a general Samyama. My point was, if we are yogis and looking to understand the effects of our practices, and try to include the largest number of people in our positive intent, we could include specific issues, just as we include specific persons for a sharper beam of samyama effects on this issue. I think it doesn't really matter what the issue is as long as it is positive and benefits a large group somehow.

quote:
I would also see someone asking for help in say crossing the road, to be similar to someone asking for help through samyama healing/prayer. If I can help, I will.
To go around imposing help on people that havn't asked for it, or don't want it, however, is not on, it is interference.-Sparkle

What you say is true Louis... healing should be asked for, or it could be construed as interference. However, many need it, but are not in a position to ask for help. They don't know who can help, or how to reach them. If a small child, a blind person, an infirm person, or an animal was blundering along on the road looking confused, I'm sure you'd help without being asked. I think Shweta said somewhere in this thread… who can’t use healing for the lifetimes of hurt and suffering we’ve had…or something to that effect. Healing, as I see it, only moves the subject towards balance from an imbalanced state. And when everything is softly nudged towards balance, won’t the large picture (truth?) begin emerging faster, for everyone?

We could say that our practices and Samyama in general are enough to reach out. But it must also be part of our karma as students of yoga to make an effort to reach out. And the more we do it, the more will the light spread.

Etherfish, thank you, but you know it isn't for me or anyone alone to decide upon a subject. First of all, the idea must grab us all as a group. Then we can agree on how to approach this. For the ‘when’ part of it, why not right after the person who has been ‘samyamed’ for the session? Will it be too heavy?

And yes, if it isn’t grabbing the group, maybe the time is not ripe for this, or the idea isn’t right for us.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  05:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel a bit in contradiction myself here.
On one side I do not wish to focus our samyama
to a specific world goal, on the other hand
I wish of course the betterment of earth and humanity.
To focus on a specific purpose includes the
danger of "we know best what is good for humanity"

An extreme example of knowing best what is good would be
a fanatic christian in the medivial age who is convinced
that his task is to bring christianity to the muslim world.
He was convinced that his crusade was best for the world.

I know this is an extreme example but may be it shows our
own situation: we are trying to decide on something which
is good for the world. And didn't we have lots of discussions
about karma and what is good and bad ?

I personally have found a good meditation strategy on this

On the individual level we are trying to heal ourselves or
a specific person and for this other person we do not actually
specify what to heal (even for ourselves we are not always
sure what is needed). So if we do not even specify the "what"
for a single person, how can we specify for the world ?

Love and Light
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  09:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgang

On the individual level we are trying to heal ourselves or
a specific person and for this other person we do not actually
specify what to heal (even for ourselves we are not always
sure what is needed). So if we do not even specify the "what"
for a single person, how can we specify for the world ?
Love and Light
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,
One possibility could be to go countrywise. Even if we take an issue, we needn't specify anything. If we say 'orphans' and leave it at that, the best need would be met as it does in a person. If we say 'clean energy', or say, 'enlightenment' release.... we aren't really specifying what needs to be done.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2006 :  12:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wolfgang wrote:
"To focus on a specific purpose includes the
danger of "we know best what is good for humanity" "

For people to understand each other better and co-exist peacefully is the only major problem we have in the world. that doesn't impose any kind of unwanted doctrine on anybody.
Go to Top of Page

aypmod3

7 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  12:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit aypmod3's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine's reply moved here for better placement, with her permission...

quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Hi All

Merry Christmas to all of you

Shanti - thank you so much for taking care of all this.

I would like - from now on - to offer my "place" on the samyama healing list to someone who needs it.

I will continue to meditate on Sundays - but on the 24th of December (Christmas Eve) we celebrate Christmas in Norway, and I will be serving dinner guests at my house (unbroken chain of tradition etc ). However - I will stay silent inside during the appointed meditation time (and at the same time do what I am called to do). In silence is the connection with the Christ....whos energy once walked in two sandals across our ground. Without him....which is essentially the same as Being (as goes for all the others who have "known" before us).......no Christmas.

Enjoy the holiday......while resting in peace

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  12:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all of you who were involved in the healing samyama.

To be honest it felt through most of the meditation that I was actually on my own, no one else around.

The samyama was deeper than normal and I did get some insights into an issue I have been working on. So thank you all for this help.

Thanks again
Louis
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  12:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

To be honest it felt through most of the meditation that I was actually on my own, no one else around.

Well you were not alone Louis..

Samyama with your name was strange today.. I generally repeat the name and let go.. 4 or 6 times.. but today I lost count.. I was repeating your name for almost 5 mins.. and after a while I realized I was saying "Akasha, Loius".. I hope it did not send you off flying..
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  1:01:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shweta
quote:
Samyama with your name was strange today.. I generally repeat the name and let go.. 4 or 6 times.. but today I lost count.. I was repeating your name for almost 5 mins.. and after a while I realized I was saying "Akasha, Loius".. I hope it did not send you off flying..
On the contrary, the insight I was gettiing was all about grounding energy in the lower parts of the body and merging these in the heart with energies from above.

I realised that when I did samyama with love, for instance, I would automatically have the experience of feeling love descend into me from above and be in the upper part of the body.
I have been having a lot of trouble in my legs recently, focused mainly in my knees, this has prevented me from working, which is giving a well needed rest, but is starting to concern me for the long term. So this insight may help things.
Apart from my knees I am feeling great, meditations are deep and nice, and relationships are good, so can't complain really.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  03:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please add me as a recipient of healing. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  6:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for joining us Maximus.
You will be our samyama healing recipient on 01/28/07.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  2:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for the samyama healing.
My crown is still buzzing... the crown activity was almost uncomfortable.. but has reduced a lot now. Lots of purification I think.. Thanks.

Edited by - Shanti on Jan 21 2007 3:18:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  2:55:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,
Could you take me off the list for now?
I will continue to participate, but don't need any healing for now.
I'll let you know if I do in the future!
PS I didn't feel anything last time. I was in someone else's house, little too much caffeine maybe, visiting family for the holidays,after all it was Seattle, home of Starbucks. Just not good circumstances for "going deep", but thank you everybody. I haven't learned the fine art of meditating in strange places yet.

Thanks,
Etherfish
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  3:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Shanti,
Could you take me off the list for now?
I will continue to participate, but don't need any healing for now.
I'll let you know if I do in the future!
PS I didn't feel anything last time. I was in someone else's house, little too much caffeine maybe, visiting family for the holidays,after all it was Seattle, home of Starbucks. Just not good circumstances for "going deep", but thank you everybody. I haven't learned the fine art of meditating in strange places yet.

Thanks,
Etherfish

Hi Ether,
You are not up for healing for another 3 months at least. Do you want me to leave you in there for now, and when it comes close to your turn, and you still feel like you don't need it.. let me know and I could take you off. Of course if this does not work for you, I will take you off now.
Thanks for participating.

Edited by - Shanti on Jan 21 2007 3:07:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  9:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, please take me off.
Thanks, Etherfish
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  9:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Yes, please take me off.
Thanks, Etherfish

Okie Dokie..
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  2:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti
Since I'm the recipient this Sunday can you tell the time it happens? The other forum says mantra meditation starts at 11.15 am ET. How long does mantra meditation happen and then does samyama happen immediately after that? For how long?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  2:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maximus,
Good question.
Lets see, Mantra meditation starts at 11.15am ET, the meditation time varies for different people, some do it for 10min, and some go all the way to 20min. So samyama will start between 11.25am and 11.35am.
Does this help you?
Thank you again for joining us. See ya on Sunday.
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  07:55:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
My humble request to whoever is going to do Samyama on me tomorrow. I believe that for Samyama to have any effect on a person you have to know their face. Please take a look at my picture here http://profiles.yahoo.com/kannan_j82 and when you do Samyama on me, please think about this picture as vaguely or clearly you want to think it. If you must think my name as well, don't think 'Maximus'. My actual name is Kannan.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  4:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
Kirtanman has requested if we could include him in samyama healing for tomorrow.

So in addition to Swami Vajra, please include Kirtanman in your Sunday Group Samyama healing.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  5:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have not been interested in this until now when I have read the samyama book!

I hereby request to be added to the list.

Thank you very much in advance!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2007 :  07:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I have not been interested in this until now when I have read the samyama book!

I hereby request to be added to the list.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi EMC,
I had actually missed this request till Wolfgang pointed it out to me (thanks Wolfgang). I am really sorry about this. I will add your name in on Thursday, when I do update the list.
Thanks for joining us.
Not sure if you'd be interested in joining the meditation group too. We would love to have you with us.

A note to everyone..
If you post here, and if by Thursday I have not put your name on the list.. please do send me an email or re-post. I generally don't miss postings, but mistakes do happen..
Thanks for understanding.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2007 :  03:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for adding me, Shweta!

I will gladly join you in the meditation group, but not yet! I have just begun practicing samyama, and must first stabilize the routine before I can add prayer to it! I am still in the clunky stage and do not know if it is actually overload or if it is going to settle down soon. So... I'll join you when I am ready for it!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2007 :  08:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I will gladly join you in the meditation group, but not yet! I have just begun practicing samyama, and must first stabilize the routine before I can add prayer to it! I am still in the clunky stage and do not know if it is actually overload or if it is going to settle down soon. So... I'll join you when I am ready for it!

Hi EMC,
This note is not intended to make you join the group now. However, you don't really have to be doing samyama to join this group. Before samyama, we do a group deep meditation.. wherein, everyone who is participating, starts "i am" meditation at the exact same time.. AYP Long Distance Meditation Group?
That is what I was talking about above.
Please do join us when you are comfortable.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2007 :  09:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aha! Sorry, as I said, haven't followed these threads at all. I'll join the group meditation as often as possible on Sundays!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2007 :  03:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hm. I thought I would end up as the last one on the list when I asked to be on the samyama healing list and therefore didn't expect to be the recipient until a few months... I see now that I seem to have been the object for healing last Sunday. Ooops. That was quick. I totally missed it since I was at a course doing "The Work" then, but I figure your attention helps me anyway, so thanks a lot! I'm just a little disappointed that I couldn't join the group meditation and see what happened in the ether...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 43 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000