Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 samyama practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  04:47:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear all
Over here the routine is only 1 sitting at night formed of 15 min breath meditation followed by samyama ..samyama session is as long as needed to finish all the list
....I do all the regular sutras+ self enquiry sutra+5 personal sutras...then few days ago I felt a constant urge to add past present future sutra (see Samyama
book)
I dont want to know the future so I dont know why I feel like adding this sutra...
I think there is no knowing of the future....there is only a feeling or an impression which is rooted in deep surrender...
It seems that all of my practice is only samyama...and the samyama session is getting longer...knwing that till now mantra meditation and energy practices and even longer breath meditation session are still causing overload

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2013 :  09:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samyama has also come to the forefront more and more for me too...as part of my daily routine, but also as part of my general thinking/creative patterns. Pick up and release, pick up and release. A light touch and a long pause. Because of this spacious rhythm, I find myself, more and more, no longer succumbing to sensations of anxiety, any need to rush, fear of the future, or obsession with the outcome of uncontrollable scenarios.

It's like....ahhhhhh....I can relax and still be actively engaged in the flow of life without having to be worried about any impending doom or looming failure. Since my faith rests more in the eternal presence of stillness which reveals Itself during the substantial gap of releasing thoughts, sutras, desires, etc., the temporal things are more enjoyable since I'm more aware of how translucent they are.

Thank you for reporting your experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000