Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Prayer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  8:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Lord,

I come to you a beggar, needy of your grace.

If I'm arrogant, break me down, humiliate me if necessary: I'll accept it willingly, gladly, gratefully.

Sometimes I think I know something, believing in my own concepts and ideas. Truly I know nothing - without your divine intelligence I couldn't function for a moment.

Who makes my heart beat, the cells divide and replicate, the oxygen fill my blood? Not I.

What do I know for certain? Merely the present moment, the current thought, sensation, sound. Anything I add to that is merely my own imagination.

Allow me not to mistake my own beliefs and opinions for Truth.

Look into my heart Lord, what do you see there?

Is it open to your creation, do I see you, know you, love you in everything?

Or am I prey to illusion, believing myself separate and better or worse than others?

Please, please open my heart for me. I don't pretend to know how to do it myself.

I'll gladly suffer anything for this heart to open, if you will it.

Take from me my legs, my eyes, my arms, my ears, I don't care what needs to happen, misfortune for this body-mind means nothing me, I welcome it if it serves your plan, just rid me of this poison of separation.

I would be a man who serves, and loves, the world as though it were all his own Self, at any cost, at any price.

Don't let me for a moment be without compassion, even for the vilest examples of humanity.

If a man strikes me, let me ask him to strike me again.

If a thief steals a little from me, let me give him everything I've got for truly I can own nothing.

If I see a hungry man who is poor, yet I have wealth, let me ensure he is well-fed.

Let every action taken by this body serve the whole.

Let me know that I am Brahman, and Brahman is All.

Amen

Edited by - mr_anderson on Sep 01 2013 8:29:11 PM

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  8:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  9:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen, amen, amen. Sounds like surrender.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  10:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  09:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  11:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  9:06:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow...just...wow

Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  08:16:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]Originally posted by mr_anderson

Or am I prey to illusion, believing myself separate and better or worse than others?

Please, please open my heart for me. I don't pretend to know how to do it myself.

Don't let me for a moment be without compassion, even for the vilest examples of humanity.

Thank you! These lines above stick with me. I especially like the last one.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  2:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks guys,

love to you,

josh
Go to Top of Page

kembolini

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  3:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just love stuff that comes from the heart. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000