Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 How can there be no witness felt during sleep?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  8:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

I was wondering, traditional texts tell about four states : waking state, dreaming and deep sleep states. And the fourth being pure Awareness, which is pervading all the first Three one.

So even if one is completely identified with this space/time body and mind, and has to remove obstructions to release such identification and merge with That; how can it be that one is not aware of being pure Awareness when this space/time body and mind is shut down during deep sleep?

I'm sure this has been discussed and there is a simple explanation, but I had this question on my mind lately and I could not find a satisfying answer.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  04:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello apatride
in deep sleep you might be totally "not aware" yet when you wake up you say oh I had a wonderful night of sleep!
So someone was aware
With time and practice one will be aware even in deep sleep....you will be aware of yourself in deep sleep

Till then ,trying to understand the process through the mind that seeks explanations in not very helpful....better to stick to practices, without expecting any specific outcome

Practices will develop sufficient inner silence to directly BE this experience and then all questions will be no longer relevant

Love
Mahewari

Edited by - maheswari on Aug 25 2013 04:48:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  8:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@apatride

as maheswari said, awarenes can continue 24/7 nonstop. Had this phase aswell for some months. It is like you never sleep again. Continuously awake, watching the bodymind go into bed, sleep, sometimes astral dreams, sometimes mental stuff, sometimes none of them and instead just peace or peace-bliss, then again subtle perception back to physical perception. It happened here with awareness-based meditation after some weeks.

With AYP-style or kriya yoga style practice this shift does not happen so fast and takes years or even decades. Less awareness, more energetic purification has its advantages and disadvantages.

Advantage: Less problems with depression, disconnection to worldy activities (study, work, family and social interaction). Keeping up the practice for years and decades is much easier, in other words higher succes rate to bring the project to a happy end :)

Disadvantages: For many months and years you will not really know and understand what realized people ar talking about :P You will not know first hand about what is really always, eternal and true and live in this safety of knowing you are really at your eternal home. You will continue reading books and talk about topics which become instantly uninteresting when you yourself know and live (in) it 24/7.

If 24/7 awareness has not showed itself so far, don't worry. To the experience here, it is more of an advantage really. If you can trust those who are it 24/7 and if you have no other problems, aka if suffering has already decreased by 90-100%, then keep up the practice and enjoy :)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  01:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for a funny and frank post, Holy! I like that description!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000