Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 TheSelf.com
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2013 :  9:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I love this website: a complete and perfect delivery of Advaita, and unification of the essential aspect of all religion.

http://www.theself.com/

The 'essential' collected quotes of:

Sri Ramana Maharshi
Sri Nisaragadatta Maharaj
Yoga Vasistha
Adi Sankara
Huang Po

He also brings out the one non-dual truth that has unanimously been exclaimed by seers of the Christian, Buddhist, Sikh, Muslim, Taoist, Judaist and Hindu traditions.

"I have seen the One who is, and how He is the Being of all creatures. God is present in everything that exists, in a devil and a good angel, in heaven and hell, in good deeds and in adultery and murder, in the beautiful and the ugly. Therfore, while I am in this Truth, I take as much delight in seeing and understanding his presence in a devil and the act of adultery as I do in an angel and a good deed."

Angela of Foligno.

"Here from the very beginning, there is this One Thing, constantly lucid and mysterious, it has never been born and it has never died. It cannot be named or depicted"
One in All, All in One - if only this is realized, no more worry about your being perfect!"

(Sosan - Korean Son/Zen Grand Master 1520-1604)

Ik Onkaar - there is only one Being (existence)
Sat Naam - truth is its name
Kartaa Purakh - it is the creator
Nirbhao - without fear
Nirvair - without hate
Akaal Moorat - timeless and formless
Ajoonee Saibhang - beyond birth or death, self illumined
Gur Parsaad - known by grace
Jap - contemplate it
Aad Sach - it existed at creation
Jugaad Sach - it existed before creation
Hai Bhee Sach - it exists even now
Nanak Hosee Bhee Sach - it shall always exist

[From Mul Mantar - the first composition in the Sikh Holy Text)

In the begnning was Allah, and beside Him there was nothing - and He remains as He was.
(Hadith)

Worlds and particles, bodies and beings, time and space:
All are transient expressions of the Tao. (33)

(Hua Hu Ching)

"Everyone who has insight into the matter will understand clearly that everything created and having being is as absolute naught with regard to the Activating Force, which is in all created being. This force constitutes it's reality and draws it forth from absolute nothingness to being.

The fact that all ceated things seem to have existence and being in their own right is because we can neither conceive nor see, with our physical eyes, the Force of God which is in the created world. Were the eye able to see and conceive the vitality and spirituality in each created thing, which flows through it from it's divine source, then the physicality, materiality, and substantiality of the created world would not be seen at all; because apart from the spiritual dimension it is absolute nothingness. There is really nothing in existence besides God."

(The teachings of Rabbi Schneur Zalman)

And the stuff I know and love and the most, mainly coming from the Hindu tradition :

You are Brahman (God), I am Brahman, the whole universe is Brahman. Whatever you are doing realize this truth at all times. This Brahman or the Self alone is the reality in all beings, even as clay is the real substance in thousands of pots.
(Yoga Vasishtha, 6.1.49)

It sets me aflame with ecstasy to consider this: There is Only One. All is Brahman. There is Nothing but That. Simply throw out the erroneous notions of the conceptual mind, refuse to engage in their meaningless and empty distractions, and just know there is ONLY THIS. One Being. One God. Allah, The Tao, Buddha Mind, Brahman, Yahweh... merely concepts, words, all pointing to the one indescribable, unchanging source of existence, that Nameless Awareness-Existence which contains the ever-changing, transient, imaginary play of duality. There is never anything but That. Firmly turn aside all notions to the contrary, and consider that every visual image, every sound, every bodily sensation, every thought, every emotion is nothing but That - even as the stars of an entire universe may be reflected in one body of water, yet the water is the only real substance of the reflection.

There is nothing to get, nothing to understand. Cease conceptual thought, it knows only how to divide and thus is the very creator of duality. THAT cannot be spoken of or understood. Just know: I am Brahman, Brahman is all - and do not deviate from this understanding.

PRAISE TO BE TO ALLAH! PRAISE BE TO GOD! PRAISE BE TO THAT! PRAISE BE TO THE TAO! PRAISE BE TO ELOAH!

Love,

Josh

Edited by - mr_anderson on Aug 21 2013 9:48:27 PM

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2013 :  05:07:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Da Fire coming through! Love it! Thanks for the site!
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2013 :  07:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hope you enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  7:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I really like this one, thanks

"I have seen the One who is, and how He is the Being of all creatures. God is present in everything that exists, in a devil and a good angel, in heaven and hell, in good deeds and in adultery and murder, in the beautiful and the ugly. Therfore, while I am in this Truth, I take as much delight in seeing and understanding his presence in a devil and the act of adultery as I do in an angel and a good deed."
Angela of Foligno.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  8:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000