Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 No vajroli technique in the book!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tantrala

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2013 :  11:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I was reading through your forums and read a couple of posts that led me to believe the Tantra Discovering the Power of Pre-Orgasmic Sex had some advanced yoga practices for strengthening the perineum and a non invasive version of Vajroli mudra.

The book simply states that Vajroli happens naturally when you get to a certain level. I felt this was a cop out as I have heard from numerous people that there are techniques for practicing vajroli without a catheter.

Anyway, it was only $5 so I don't care but it would be nice if you either include the actual Vajroli techniques in the book or put a disclaimer on it.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 21 2013 11:42:39 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2013 :  11:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4452 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2013 :  12:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tantrala,

Vajroli simply happens automatically when you reach a certain stage in yoga. Strengthening the perineum would not actually aid in the process of vajroli. It happens when the flow of kundalini reaches a certain stage and can be aided by practices such as mulabandh, udyana bandha and sambhavi mudra. It can also be aided by siddhasana. Brahmachari is also essential for vajroli to occur.

If you really want to experience vajroli and amrita, I would recommend getting a copy of "Advanced Yoga Practices: Easy lessons for ecstatic living". It will take you step-by-step through all the practices that you need in order to cultivate vajroli and amrita, including the practice of brahmachari.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2013 :  10:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tantrala, welcome to the forums,

the physical part of the mudra is not complicated at all -although, as you can read between the lines in Christi's reply, it alone will not "fix" the whole self-control thing. Not in my experience either: in action, when I concetrate a lot of effort and power into the "penis part" of vajroli rather than "being" throughout my body and hers, it doesn't cool off the "explosive" drive (contrary).

AYP develops an "array" of techniques (acquiring one technique at a time but applying a combination), rather than relying too much on just one.

The late Swami Satyanana similarly spent only half a page on it in his 425-page Kundalini Tantra, the last page of chapter 30 (plus another half a page adding bindu awareness and separating vajroli from ashwini mudra and moola bandha, in chapter 34).

For an ordinary practitioner, the daily de-facto practice of vajroli mudra takes quite little more than what anybody might google up on BBC's sex advisory pages (except for the correct sanskrt names etc. - and if you're familiar with the importance of awareness in yoga, you'll fill in many BBC blanks yourself.) As Pattabi Jois said, yoga is 1% theory and 99% practice. I think this is good to keep it in mind, now that this written 1% is just a click away for almost everybody.

Before teachers like Satyananda, Deida, and Yogani, there was a tradition of secretiveness on (often simple) tantric techniques. The web has changed that dramatically in good (easy access) and bad (new less-reliable sources out there), but I still know of schools trying sometimes to charge people fancy bucks for "explaining" things easily found on search engines.

BBC + Satyananda in a nutshell:
The core micromovement in the vajroli mudra is the muscular upward-squeeze (like when you stop urinating without emptying the bladder, trying to draw the uretha upward). You do the contraction exercise for 5-10 seconds and release for another 5-10, and repeat it for several minutes. Avoid straining the breath and the mind. Keep a relaxed awareness on the pubic bone (the front entry to Swadhistana chakra).

It's useful to learn, but there's more to the vajroli process than just this mudra.

My $ 0.02

Go to Top of Page

tantrala

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  4:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000