Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 crown chakra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carriecarrie

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2013 :  12:50:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am wondering what mudras or mantras involve the crown chakra. I am still exploring the lessons on the site so I will probably figure it out eventually, but was hoping for a little guidance to point me in the right direction

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2013 :  4:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of mudras & bandhas are said to affect the general area of the head, which I imagine includes the crown in some way. Basic pranayama involves the crown, but along a more steady and safe path as discovered by Yogani. "Shree" is the mantra affecting the crown, but so does "I" and likely "Om." You will find more details in the writings. Be sure to start at the beginning (start lessons here), since everything is built from the ground up.

After reading your previous post, it might be prudent to add that dealing with the crown is the last thing that's done, if at all necessary, and experimentation is discouraged in favor of structured practice that's self-paced. There are plenty of practices you can try if you are curious or very sensitive, and they are introduced very early in the lessons, such as spinal breathing pranayama and mantra meditation.

Edited by - AumNaturel on Aug 20 2013 4:53:47 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000