Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 No expectations = miraculous happenings?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  09:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the video link, Josh!
Sorry about hijacking the thread a bit Carson! I think we're sniffing the same trail...

A couple of years ago, I thought chakras were all stuff and nonsense. However, what was said about chakras was remarkably consistent, so I held it at arm's length until something more solid arrived. Now to deny the existence of chakras would be fundamentally dishonest, because I can feel them -- really feel them.

The same sort of thing is going on with my belief that I'm a human being on planet earth. A couple of years ago, if you had told me that I am not a human being on planet earth, I would have thought you were crazy. Now... The evidence refuting this belief keeps piling up and up...

* The global mediations: It feels as though the other participants are really there with me, even though we're separated by thousands of miles.
* The retreat I did in Indiana: The feel of the cabin was completely changed when the retreat concluded from what it felt like at the beginning.
* A little financial windfall arrived right before our boiler broke down and had to be replaced.
* I quit my job and started a business so that my kids wouldn't have to go to daycare, and a sweet contract arrived a couple of months later.
* Parking spaces appear right when I need them.
I could go on and on. In fact, even everything that I considered bad has taught me something I couldn't have learned any other way. I feel so much gratitude...

But I also still feel like a human being on planet earth. The heart and the mind say one thing, and the body says another, so I'm looking for something that will tear that down -- more evidence.

If I am awareness, then I shouldn't need my eyes to see or my ears to hear, but I do at this point. Although I've read about people who don't. (And I dunno about peeking out someone else's window. That might make them feel horribly vulnerable. But maybe a tree or the wind won't mind...)

And Carson is saying it's our belief in gravity that keeps us bound.... (Which, by the way, is inconsistent with the assertion that causality is false.) I think he's saying that if this is all bunk, then it ought to really be bunk. How to discover what's actually true?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  11:01:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Whippoorwill

quote:
Originally posted by whippoorwill

Sorry about hijacking the thread a bit Carson! I think we're sniffing the same trail...

Not hijacking at all. I'm truly grateful for your input.

quote:

But I also still feel like a human being on planet earth.

One many "levels" (I hate using that word) you *are* a human being on Earth. To deny this is ludicrous IMO. But on some levels you are not a human being at all. Intellectually trying to realize this isn't fruitful though (as I'm sure you know)... in AYP terms that's really the definition of non-relational inquiry. For me, following the AYP recommendations to continue releasing the thought that I am/am not human into stillness when they arose resulted in numerous experiences that verified (for me) that "human" is just a label and not really who I am. I have had hundreds of experiences prior to these that showed me the same, but they had all been drug induced so I wanted to be sure it wasn't all "mind-trickery." So I continued to inquire (drop the thoughts into stillness) until I could verify that this was indeed a truth (for me) when in sober-state as well. It is.

quote:

If I am awareness, then I shouldn't need my eyes to see or my ears to hear, but I do at this point. Although I've read about people who don't. (And I dunno about peeking out someone else's window. That might make them feel horribly vulnerable. But maybe a tree or the wind won't mind...)

This was also something I had to verify in sober-state after having numerous experiences on entheogens in which I was unbound awareness and able to remote-view/hear things. I've been able to verify (for myself) in sober-state that awareness is not only localized but can also be unbound and remote-viewing/hearing/sensing and more is possible in sober-state same as it was in psychedelic-induced altered-states. I suggest always remaining skeptical of people like me who state things like this though. Don't take my word for it!!!

quote:

And Carson is saying it's our belief in gravity that keeps us bound.... (Which, by the way, is inconsistent with the assertion that causality is false.)

Remember that the belief in causality is always in play until it is not anymore. Is it possible to drop the belief in gravity and still hold the belief in causality? We are (generally?) all born with certain belief structures already in place (from the perspective here anyway)... you could call this "collective karma" or "collective human beliefs" perhaps. In my experience, when these collective beliefs begin to fall away, that is when the entire "game" changes... the impossible becomes possible and we are no longer solely working on unwinding individual obstructions but also begin to work on the collective obstructions of the entire human race... which is seen as an aspect of "you." If you see everyone as "you" then their obstructions are your obstructions.

Wanted to say a bit more but work is quickly getting in the way of my ability to continue right now.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  12:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

One many "levels" (I hate using that word) you *are* a human being on Earth. To deny this is ludicrous IMO.

LOL! I know. It's completely mental.

quote:

Remember that the belief in causality is always in play until it is not anymore. Is it possible to drop the belief in gravity and still hold the belief in causality?

The approach I'm using right now is to take the stance that no belief is true (credit Jed Mckenna and my own experience of not having a blessed clue) and then using my actions and thoughts to discover what those beliefs are. I'm not sure where that will lead. I'm not doing anything about these beliefs because, for the most part, I've no idea what to do. Releasing in stillness seems like a good idea though. Haikus are helping me process some of it.

P.S. I'm treating experience as valid, though. It's just a bit of an effort right now to tell the direct experience from the mind's interpretation of the experience. Thoughts grab hold pretty quickly, though it does seem to be slowing down somewhat...

And most of the time I have to set it all aside and just get my work done. Databases!! Linux!! Yay!!

Edited by - whippoorwill on Aug 26 2013 12:51:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  4:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

It's a little bit like my conundrum with inanimate objects, wondering if I am also those objects and wondering why I can't experience the world as those objects. As long as I believe there's an I, then there will be objects, and I will not be able to "switch places" with an object. If the "I" belief goes away, then the objects go away too, so I wonder what's the point of wondering?

Hi Liz,

Your post reminded me of this from The Book of Secrets:

Feel the consciousness of each person as your own consciousness.
So, leaving aside concern for self, become each being.

I know it's not inanimate objects but sounded so similar. Probably pretty common to wonder.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  7:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did my first chin-ups post broken arm today. Pretty excited about the speedy recovery.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2013 :  2:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

This was also something I had to verify in sober-state after having numerous experiences on entheogens in which I was unbound awareness and able to remote-view/hear things. I've been able to verify (for myself) in sober-state that awareness is not only localized but can also be unbound and remote-viewing/hearing/sensing and more is possible in sober-state same as it was in psychedelic-induced altered-states. I suggest always remaining skeptical of people like me who state things like this though. Don't take my word for it!!!

LOL A few days ago, I woke up out of a dream that the alarm clock was going off just moments before the alarm clock actually went off. Haha! There! I have proof that time is an illusion. Now if I could just convince my boss of that...

I'll have to content myself with that. I see the trap of wanting more and more proof. It's really another way of wanting to be special. That desire to be special is a real doozy. I let it go and let it go, and still it comes back. This time I'm enclosing the "Liz wants to be special" desire in the beautiful wapping paper called "irrefutable evidence of non duality." I'm a smart girl, and am therefore very good at fooling myself!

I'm glad your arm is all healed!
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2013 :  6:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Stunning! Thanks lalow. I love the book of secrets - which version did you get this from? I've actually been doing that a bit recently, kind of automatically/intuitively, when my attention focuses on someone, my body-mind gets forgotten a bit, and they are everything in my attention. I'm becoming them. I'm only just getting a feel for it really.

But it's a really good little technique. Makes me feel very intimate and close with everything and everyone in perception. :-)
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  9:36:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scattered thoughts...

I often stop and wonder, "what happens next?" because it always brings lovely surprises.
However, I sometimes perform my own version of affirmation-like samyama when I want to feel like I have some control, or when I think "Huey" has got it wrong again.
It often works quite well.

I tend to think that the extent our free will, is lessened the more we identify with what we have learned to call "everyday life"
The greater our identification, the greater our identity, the stronger our sense of control, yet the weaker our ability to manifest what we want.
Amusingly, we are most powerful when we have no identity, no control, and no desire to make anything happen at all. Fully potential.

The illusoriness of "everyday life" seems to depend on where I choose to hold my awareness. In the body, the feelings, the mind, or none of them.
The two most effective techniques for me in clarifying these matters, seem to be Meditation, and Investigation.
Particularly investigation of Beliefs, Expectations, and Conditionings and the discomfort they cause when they clash with real life.
Funny how Buddhists also talk of the need to develop concentration, and wisdom.

All of these things appear to be true, one way or another, but I take none of this seriously, because above all, I'm aware that I'm not seeing the full picture yet.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2013 :  10:06:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson

quote:

Stunning! Thanks lalow. I love the book of secrets - which version did you get this from? I've actually been doing that a bit recently, kind of automatically/intuitively, when my attention focuses on someone, my body-mind gets forgotten a bit, and they are everything in my attention. I'm becoming them. I'm only just getting a feel for it really.

But it's a really good little technique. Makes me feel very intimate and close with everything and everyone in perception. :-)

Sorry I missed this post. I have it on kindle but found the techniques online several years ago. I was hoping the book would have more commentary on this technique, but it doesn't.

IMHO, it's the most beautiful out of the 112. Tough, may I say impossible, at my level but beautiful nonetheless.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000