Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Can a light appear during mantra meditation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rinaldo

Italy
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  03:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When the mind is very still, can a light appear in mind's eye?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  08:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes.
Do you want to share more about the experience?
Go to Top of Page

Rinaldo

Italy
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  09:26:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
you had this happen to you? was the mantra very refined in that moment?

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  09:40:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It happens to many Rinaldo. It is the effects of our nervous system purifying.

The mantra can be in whatever form (refined or not) it may be in... so don't try to connect things up, then expectations set in.

During meditation when this happens we come back to the mantra at whatever level we are at and put our attention on the mantra again.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  09:45:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the lesson on 3rd eye/light. It is not necessary to see this only during spinal breathing, it can happen during meditation and during the day. Practices lead to purifying the nervous system which results in seeing the light but the seeing does not have to happen when doing a certain practice.

http://www.aypsite.org/92.html
On seeing the star, it is a natural outcome of purifying the sushumna (spinal nerve) and opening the third eye. It was mentioned in the lesson on yoni mudra kumbhaka that the attention will sooner or later be drawn out beyond the point between the eyebrows. This is an extension of the sushumna beyond the body. At the end of the sushumna are the infinite realms of bright white light. They are seen as a bright star in the beginning. The colors ringed around the star are the inside of the sushumna. You are looking out from the inside, so you are seeing the inside of the sushumna in your body, and the end of the sushumna off in the distance, which is the star. You are looking through the tunnel of the sushumna, seeing "the light at the end of the tunnel," as they say. Inside the tunnel, we are literally a rainbow of light, beginning with dark red at the bottom and ending with blue and violet at the top. You have heard the expression, "She has a heart of gold." Well, we all have hearts of gold. We just need some housecleaning to see it. That is the outer ring you are seeing.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  10:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to take over your thread. But what if you see a moon instead of a star?
( or wait is moon a star too ..)

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  10:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Sorry to take over your thread. But what if you see a moon instead of a star?
( or wait is moon a star too ..)

Sunyata

Star, moon, planets, rainbows, flame, diffused light, whole head lit up... all good!

PS: Being picky.. but a moon is a satellite.. not a star .. does not have it's own light.. reflects the light of the sun . But it's a bright object in a field of darkness and perfectly fine to see in the inner eye.
Go to Top of Page

Rinaldo

Italy
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  1:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti what happen if we surrender to the light/star?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2013 :  1:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
During meditation?
During meditation we go back to the mantra.

After (outside of practice time) meditation?
... we can get lost (surrender) in the light for a bit. It may fade away in a while, in which case we let it go (never try to hold onto an experience). If it is there all the time, we can stay with it for as long as we like (and have time) provided we don't feel overloaded. The main reason for overload would be staying focused in the head for long... where we focus is where the energy stays.

http://www.aypsite.org/94.html
If you are doing spinal breathing and, as you come up to the third eye on inhalation, your ishta (your chosen ideal – Jesus, Krishna, Moses, Mohammed, Mother Divine, etc.) comes galloping up to you in a golden chariot, beckoning you to climb in and go for a ride, what do you do? You easily exhale and go back down the spinal nerve. In other words, you favor the practice you are doing. If the chariot with your ishta in it goes down the spinal nerve with you, great. If it doesn't, that is okay too. We don't push visions out. Neither do we hang on to them. We just favor the practice we are doing. If these visions are real, they will be with us for a long time both inside and outside practices. Your ishta will understand that you are doing practices, and will be happy to take you for a ride afterwards. It is the practices that have created the opportunity for such experiences in your expanding spiritual nervous system. Always keep that in mind. Don't let your experiences distract you from the practices that have facilitated them. If you remain steadfast in practices, your experiences will become greater and greater, eventually never leaving you. You will find yourself trooping around during the day with your ishta, and an entourage of angels too! Experiences do not beget greater experiences. Practices do.

If you are doing yoni mudra kumbhaka and you are filling up with divine light rushing in through your third eye, with more and more light coming, and you are wanting to do more and more yoni mudra kumbhaka because it is so good, what do you do? You stick with the number of repetitions of yoni mudra kumbhaka you are doing. Well, maybe add one, if it is that terrific. But keep in mind that it is easy to overdo when such wonderful experiences are occurring. Then, the next thing you know, you are frying inside for a few days because you did too much. The nervous system can only handle so much at any given level of purification. If too much is put through the nerves before they are ready, the frying effect can happen. It is like being in a fire. It isn't hell, though it might feel like it. It is just too much energy too soon. That's all. Take the gradual approach to purification, and you will have a much more pleasant journey, and will not jeopardize your ability to do advanced yoga practices over the long haul. It is doing well-measured practices over the long haul that leads to enlightenment. Then all the light and bliss will be there without the fire. The fire comes from fast house cleaning – sometimes we stir up too much dust and it is too fast with so much coming out. There are no overnight wonders in this house cleaning business.

Tell us what you are experiencing so we can help better.
Go to Top of Page

_shakti_

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  2:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some mantras are meant to be kept private, which I understand and can relate to. But I wanted to mention that certain Sanskrit words and bijas are known to produce a certain *luminosity*. I have a 'luminous bija' embedded within my mantra, and have had some experiences with light myself.

At times the experiences were terrifying. I would sometimes wake in the middle of the night, with a 'ball' of light coming into and out of my head repeatedly, over and over again.. accompanied by a 'pooping' sound and a feeling of such disorientation and confusion. The most extreme was waking up bathed in pure white light.. and I don't mean that in an imaginary/contrived sense, it literally lit up the dark around me and shone from within me. It wasn't just a flash either, it remained and was impossible to ignore or understand in any kind of logical sense.

I feel more at ease with the light now though, and it seems to continue increasing. Very intensely lately too. Sometimes it's to the point that I don't even feel like 'me' anymore. As though that is what I am.. light. Recently I've had urges to look at myself in the mirror frequently, to do some sort of reality check.

But I've come to recognize the light as a signpost of sorts, and a palpable experience that lets me know I am not alone.

Go to Top of Page

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2013 :  5:54:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

God bless you... it is thanks to pure beings like you, (and I am sure there are quite a few on this web), that we the other majority lesser pure, get glimpses of inspirations to look forward and beyond our petty minds ... really gratefull to all of you.

May you all reach your goals...

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2013 :  8:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen the light many times, but never in meditation!
It is the fill-my-head-up kind, like if the sun were on my face but it's not.
i am afraid of it, so it scares me, and that makes it go away.
Go to Top of Page

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2013 :  08:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Etherfish, from what you say, frankly speaking you are a lucky guy.... means your consciousness is much evolved....than compared to the vast majority, as stated yesterday .... and I am not joking.

The sunlight you mention, is a sign, of you reaching a certain level of consciousness. Just as one moves upward, there is a different level of view. When one stands by the roadside we see the traffic in one way; then when reaches let´s say a fifth floor, again you view the traffic in another way, you see them in different sizes and you see more things, which you could not see from the ground level .... and then when you fly in a plane, again we see those same things in different sizes and shapes, and again your view has broadened enough to see the horizon... so you see things are same, they have not changed, it is only that you have evolved.

As per me, what to say about the sunlight you mention ... I can not see yet even the light of a candle ... means I have yet a lot of way to work and walk ....

Life is all about evolution, and evolution not only of this birth ... but that which you carry along of what you achieve in each previous births.

Take your present condition as an unvaluable gift from the nature, and continue on with your practices .... that one day, you will not only be afraid of the sunlight, but merge in it.

The more one progresses on the finer planes .... the light varies in intensity and brightness.

Different lights are just milestones of one´s progress, and to encourage oneself on the path of spiritual practices.

May God bless you more and more!

Edited by - harsharan000 on Sep 07 2013 3:54:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  07:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The question of light/s appearing is not such as it appears to be. Whosoever meditates, withdraws his/her attention to certain spiritual levels.

So when we reach those stages of spiritual heights, we see those lights.

Actually, lights never come or go, because light is always there...it is only our attention which wavers, so we think we see flashes or lights come or go, but the fact is, the light is always there.

Edited by - harsharan000 on Nov 09 2013 08:03:14 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000