AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Spinal nerve awareness and AOM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  06:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi AYP Friends

I am enjoying my AYP practices, but like most everyone here, I am influenced by other systems of practice. Recently I had an experience of subtle energy of the spinal nerve while chanting Om, or more specifically thinking about saying Om. I would like to share it because it has enriched my AYP SBP and DM practice.

The teaching starts with observing that when we chant Om, we start with the mouth wide open, and make an AAAA sound, like when the doctor says, "say Ah." Then as the mouth closes, we naturally go to "Oh." And then, "U" with pursed lips, like a kiss. And then "M" with lips vibrating against one another.

As I was considering the "U" sound, with lips as if ready to kiss, the teacher (a dear friend here in Baltimore) asked, "Does that stimulate some place in the body?" Just then, I felt an energy flash out from the lower tip of my spine, the energy registered in my mind's eye as a red thread of light flashing, and the energy stimulated a spontaneous tensing of the muscles around that string of light at the base of the spine, and that automatic mudra (approximating mulabandha) was quite pleasurable in a way that "woke me up" and put a smile on my face. The teacher then confirmed that many others have felt the same resonance between the "U" sound with lips ready to kiss, and the mulabandha.

After that, when I chanted Om, the first "Ah" resonated in the heart, "Oh" resonated with radiating out from the whole body, and the last "U...M" lifted energy from the muscles around the base of the spine to the third eye and crown.

Now, when I think the sound, even without audible expression, of Om it has an energy resonance that ends with an "U...M" which stimulates energy at the base of the spine and lifts energy to the third eye, (where there is something like a starry sky in the mind's eye) and crown. It stimulates whole body mudra.

Also, we notice that the word "guru" has two "U" sounds which gives the word a resonance with that energy at the base of the spine connected with the lips prepared to kiss. A.. o..uuummmm. Like that.

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  07:00:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing that, that was a really lovely description in its precision. I have great fondness for the Om sound, and simply love to chant it. I think I may start an Om chanting group in NYC.

Edited by - mr_anderson on Aug 10 2013 07:01:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  01:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ive had a friend mention that he ends his AUM's with the tip of the tongue touching the roof of the mouth. I know this friend does alot of chanting and when I listen to his chanting it is very precise and beautiful :).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000