Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Premature Kundalini awakening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

muthu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  05:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Guys

I used to meditate by chanting Lord's name and by concentrating him between eyebrow with eyes closed.But suddenly,i felt sudden upsurge of energy flowing from spine to Top and i started to see bright lights,vibration of head along with visions (only when i lay down with eyes closed ).My back head began to pain followed by epilepsy,severe anxiety,panic attacks,weight loss,uneasiness,loss of appetite,low bp..etc.

So i went to ayurvedic hospital and got admitted for 2 weeks as i was very weak.I had a treatment for Vata/Pitta disorders.Now im back to work and im trying to ground myself as possible.(http://www.aypsite.org/69.html)

I have not done any yoga,pranayama in my life.I just chant mantras as told above with eyes closed.Even though,my issues have reduced,i still feel burning sensation in back of head followed by vibration of head when i lay down and anxiety,mood swings. Grounding technique works well when i stand up or sit but it does not work well when i lay down as there are some burst of energy from spine and i get uneasiness inside the head.I have stopped meditation and chanting also but no use.

Can anyone advice what i have to do now?Can i try spinal breathing?is there any chakra imbalance/blockages?

Edited by - muthu on Aug 02 2013 06:35:59 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  08:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi muthu,
Welcome to the AYP forums.
Sorry about all the overload discomforts you went through. Glad it is settling down.

Spinal breathing may help, but I would recommend adding meditation. You already have a lot of energy and maybe adding some stillness into the mix may help.

If you'd be interested look at Deep Meditation http://www.aypsite.org/13.html and try it for 10 min twice a day. If it feels like too much, cut it back to 5 min or you can even try breath meditation if mantra (deep) meditation seems too much.

If you think spinal breathing may be the way to go, as the chanting and focusing on the Lord is a form of meditation, then try it http://www.aypsite.org/41.html. But we feel doing only pranayama without any meditation following it can cause imbalances.

Also, till you feel stable, try to reduce the time you spend in chanting or doing anything that ignites more bhakti (like satsangs, reading spiritual books, listening to spiritual music etc.)

And the last thing I would like to say is, energy will follow your focus.. if you stay focused on the energy it will flare up. So when you lie down, maybe bring your attention to the heart or solar plexus. This may help the energy you feel in your lower back and head subside a bit.

Wish you all the best!!

Much love!
Go to Top of Page

muthu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  11:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanthi

Thanks for the reply.In current situation, im getting uneasiness in head even if i try to meditate for 5 mins with eyes closed. Also during vibration ,if i open my eyes, vibration stops ( seems energy dissipates when i open my eyes.i dont understand the logic behind as i dont know anything about yoga/pranayama/energy flow).

Now,I just chant mantras with eyes open which i feel better inside head than others.As advised by you, i will meditate with eyes closed and focus on heart instead of third eye and Spinal breathing.

Hopefully it will remove energy blockages and imbalances.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  12:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmm...
I would say stay away from starting anything new for a bit longer. And cut back on the chanting as well.

Walk a lot, eat heavier and stay away from bhakti igniting things... you really need to ground some more and don't focus on the energy too much. Keep your focus away from the third eye as much as possible during the day and when you chant.

When you can close your eyes and not feel the uneasiness in your head... then think about adding a structured practice of meditation and later spinal breathing. (start reading from here: http://www.aypsite.org/10.html)
Go to Top of Page

muthu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  12:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right ok. Seems whatever chant i do ( eyes open or closed ) makes the energy to burst whenever i lay down which result in vibration,uneasiness,jerks..etc.

Probably i will follow your advice.

Thanks for reply.Really appreciated.

Edited by - muthu on Aug 02 2013 12:23:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2013 :  07:31:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mathu,

I have appreciated your questions/observations, and Shanti's replies.

There is a saying that came to mind as I was reflecting on the anxiety you report about kundalini symptoms: "There is nothing to fear but fear itself." The difficulty with energy surging in the body comes from conscious and unconscious fear and resistance. The solution will come with welcoming it,indeed, loving it. It is perfectly natural energy -- not an intrusion. But as Yogani teaches, to experience Kundalini energy as a pleasure, we need a stable practice routine which brings silence into the inner picture. The lessons are designed to have the silence steadied before Kundalini arises. Your situation is that you have the energy first, without the preparation in silence. This is not easy. But please trust, it can be easy. The AYP practices are intended to be done with a sense if ease.

That's my two cents.

Be
Go to Top of Page

muthu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2013 :  09:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bewell

Thanks for reply.probably due to my past life bad karmas, i had a bad start.

Waiting for things to settle so that i can start according to AYP methods.

Go to Top of Page

muthu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2013 :  11:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parvathi/Yogani

Considering my past bad life karmas,can i do heart cleansing breathing alone?(without closing eyes.Will breath through noses and exhale same but will think of ista deva going in thro 3rd eye and impurites coming out by same )

http://www.aypsite.org/220.html

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000