Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Dream "Om" Mantra Initiation by Kali Devotees
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  08:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had a dream a few weeks ago which I can recall as clearly now, as the day after it happened. I have recently incorporated twice daily prayers to God, the Self, and all enlightened beings, (including Ramana Maharshi who I feel as the spiritual light on my path) to allow my spiritual practices to take the most direct route to becoming "firmly established in the Self & free from identification with form", to allow me to become an embodiment of love, and to allow this process to be of the maximum benefit to all beings.

Not long after I began this routine, I had this dream.

I am surrounded by many ladies who are all dressed in black robes, some are very old and wizened, some are young and extremely beautiful. They are dressed in black robes and emanate immense wisdom, solemnity and power. The power they emanate is that of the Goddess Kali: they are the destroyers of unreality, death of the ego as an illusory self-centered view of reality, the awareness that the body is only a temporary condition.

These venerable ladies also have the appearance of Shamans, wise Seers of some kind, and one feels they are entirely beyond gross material consciousness, and the illusory appearances of time and space. They are standing in a circle around me, and I am looking into faces and eyes, some old, some young, many fearsomely beautiful, with eyes containing a depth that the ego is fighting not to lose itself in by gazing into them.

The ego constricts in fear, but my soul is not afraid. They take me by the hand, leading me, and we walk down a path, and sit in a circle around the fire. And again with the Shamanic element: in a black pot by the fire, a hot, green, bubbling extract of Peyote cactuses is being boiled.

At this point, one lady begins to chant "Om" in a resonant voice, and soon the entire chorus of voices joins in, including myself, and the vibration of "Om" is rippling through my entire being. As this vibration continues, the oldest lady in attendance dips her finger into the green cactus mixture and places a dot of it upon my third eye.

At this point, I woke up. The following day, identification with form had dropped away a great deal, and a strange effect is that Heat has been perceived altogether differently. Normally one goes outside, on a hot day, and feels "It is hot outside" and the "outside heat makes me hot". However all this sense of me as a body who gets hot was gone the next day, and instead heat is noticed as simply an appearance in, and made out of, awareness. No "me" who is outside, no objectively "hot" external reality, just appearances in awareness. Have experienced this overall theme increasingly through practices, but never with temperatures before.

Furthermore, I AM causes total overload and unpleasant side effects even when used for a few minutes. However I've felt a strong need for some type of one-pointed concentration mantra meditation, and have now taken to chanting Om for 20 minutes. The effects have been incredible! No overload, and I feel completely 'cleaned out' from the inside after doing the practice. I felt that the dream was a strong suggestion to use the Om mantra, and this has proved to be good advice so far.

Edited by - mr_anderson on Jul 19 2013 08:58:13 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  08:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Beautiful!

Feel blessed to even read this.
Thanks Josh!
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2013 :  11:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
: - )
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2013 :  04:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000