Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari and Ujjayi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  06:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,
I have only -2 days ago - realised that my tongue can get into Kechari stage2 and it is not painful like the time I tried it before - many months - perhaps years ago.
However here is my question:
If I apply kechari - stage2 during SBP I cant do Ujjayi. Is that just a clunky stage thing? Is it doable together after some practice?

Thanks all!

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  07:02:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is wonderful Mathurs!

It is a clunky stage. Soon kechari will feel comfortable, and you will be able to do all the practices while in kechari.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  07:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks as always Shanti!
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2013 :  4:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What Shanti said, although in my experience Ujjayi becomes more subtle with kechari
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2013 :  06:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
At Kechari stage 1 I can feel the epiglotis partially shut via the soft ujjayi sound that one gets. With kechari stage 2 I cant get that soft hiss and so far I am not that sucessful with ujjayi and stage 2 kechari together. Early days of course...

But thanks Victor!
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2013 :  05:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mathurs,
you are experiencing the limitations of your own level of Kechari. Once Kechari becomes easy there is really no difficulty in Ujjayi at all.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2013 :  05:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Victor! I shall persevere.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000