Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 New Experiences in Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LilyMoon

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2013 :  03:30:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit LilyMoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Well, since I'm a new user, I'll give a brief summary of how greatly meditation affected me so far. I started last October simply because of many stressful situations and didn't know what to expect. It's funny how I remember the first time meditating on a five minute video- I was actually scared, but now the longer the sessions the better.

I've likely become smarter and improved in areas like art and writing, while discovering topics I never paid attention to, such as numerology and philosophy. I no longer feel any "hate", even toward tragedy in the news, rarely "anger", and "fear" is something not quite gone yet, but I manage to make it not limit me anymore. Compassion is as simple as breathing, and negative people are easier to detect.

Watching the show "True Blood" led to a vivid dream where there was electricity zapping from my fingertips like the main character, but the dream has in reality nothing to do with this show, since a few days after the dream, tingling was felt in my fingertips while at the computer.

For awhile it felt like my meditation hit a plateau, until the other night where my right leg would twitch during a heart chakra meditation- the sensation happened a few nights before, too, but this time I decided to ignore it. What happened was tingling or electricity that traveled in parts of my legs, and the back of my head felt pressure. For the first time my whole body could feel at once.

Could this be kundalini rising?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2013 :  10:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums LilyMoon!
Thank you for sharing with us.
Sounds like good things are happening.

What kind of meditation do you practice? From what I am reading, I am guessing not AYP deep meditation?

It does sound like kundalini raising and this may be a good time to get into a structured practice of deep meditation and spinal breathing.

If you'd be interested take a look at the lessons here: http://www.aypsite.org/13.html
http://www.aypsite.org/41.html
If you feel like it maybe something you would be interested in you can start reading the lessons from here: http://www.aypsite.org/10.html
Wish you all the best!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000