Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 What can we do about plodding under-sensitivity?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2013 :  4:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A few things made me hyper sensitive.
1. Becoming a vegatarian/pscatarian.
2. Tai Chi. For the longest I couldn't feel it, then the tingles and sensations started and then I understood just how subtle stuff can be in the spiritual realm.
3. Baptizm. It's just the Christ's path of initiation into Grace. 2 weeks after baptizm, I was indwelled by the Spirit giving me Spiritual Highs for years on end.
4. Shaktipat. Had someone who was very energetic pray over my head, and since then, every time I deeply let go/surrender, waves of hot bliss pour in
5. Beings in retreats with realized Masters. One in particular leaned over to me to whisper something, and instantly my Awareness expanded into space.
6. Awareness practice. See if you can be aware of your ears hearing sounds and your lungs breathing. If you can master that, add seeing, then add both legs, arms, then thinking at the end.....

All of those combined and I can know tell when a storm is approaching from the shift in the pressure when a warm/cold front collides and can empathically tell another persons energy
Go to Top of Page

vanuatu

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  8:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Catrynn, if you have never listened to Greg Goode you may want to watch this short video. He talks about how you use very basic stuff to prove things to yourself witch may result in deep realizations for you. It can be a kind of physical experience.

When I was a kid I was punished for using an obscenity. In defiance I went to my room and repeated the word over and over and over...after a while the word had no meaning.

Then I wondered if I could do the same thing with my head. I sat and repeated my head, my head, my head...low and behold my head, or my perception of it went away. It was a definite warm sensation where my head was usually kept but all perception of that space was new.
Still use that today when I need to get rid of a headache. But this is how the subtle energy was revealed to me.

Francis Lucille talks about playing games and enjoying the way consciousness responds. Maybe there is something in your garden that you can use to deconstruct appearances, like the colors, odors or textures. Taking those attributes apart might help you find the subtle energy. For myself it was very effective.
Love and Bliss, Catrynn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0bgDi8IUpk

Edited by - vanuatu on Jul 24 2013 10:16:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  07:03:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Beetsmyth for your comments. I must try those suggestions beginning with awareness. Not many Masters round here so that will have to wait :)

Thank you too Vanuatu. I found that video fascinating and appreciated your post. It reminds me of that novel 'Zen and the Art of motorcycle Maintenance' where the hero realizes in the end that thought comes down to constructed or man-made concepts.

I wonder, as I am a relative newbie here, whether what you both talk of, comes with the rise of the witness and the rise of silence from deep meditation. That seems to develop a different awareness of our reality being centered within. I had a glimpse of that yesterday in my garden where my plants and I seemed to be one in a deeper awareness. Perhaps I am getting less plodding practicing Deep meditation
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  11:42:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I had a glimpse of that yesterday in my garden where my plants and I seemed to be one in a deeper awareness. Perhaps I am getting less plodding practicing Deep meditation

That's it!!! Definitely a glimpse..... when you go to retreats where there are folks who are fully established in that Oneness, it can rub off on you .....then you to shift into that for longer periods of time.

Sounds like you are well on your way...
Go to Top of Page

vanuatu

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  1:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
'Zen and the Art of motorcycle Maintenance'

Haha! Love this feeling must read Catrynn thanks for making me aware
Go to Top of Page

catrynn

Ireland
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2013 :  04:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both so much for your encouragement and sharing I do wonder slightly about realizing that our words and thoughts are a human construct. It's just that we may get a bit lost at first. I know it can be very liberating but unless we have something else to guide us, it could be rather alarming and confusing. That's why the rise of silence and the witness makes sense here as we are moving in experience to a deeper awareness which fills us. Without something to take the place of our human constructs, it would be a bit scary perhaps - like being in a void. Haven't some people experienced a great emptiness?

I think we can rush it all and get more problems coping with energies and experiences we are not yet ready for and not rushing into the dynamics of enlightenment like a whirlwind. I admit it would have been my way in the past to rush. I have always wanted everything NOW! But I would be frizzled up if that happened immediately. I realize that the purifying and opening, which seems to go so slowly and so ploddingly, is in fact necessary for me.

Perhaps at last I realize that the guru is within me and favours self-pacing
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000