Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 An Improvement In Dream Recall
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoshi

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  11:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For the past couple of days I've noted that my dreams have become slightly more lucid than usual, with me being able to recall more details after waking. I don't want to be too swift in attributing this to my daily yoga practice, but it is an interesting correlation nonetheless. So I ask you guys, has anyone experienced a similar improvement in dream recall and lucidity, either over the long term or the short term? I will note, however, that my dreams were still dreams, not the stuff of visions. Craziness abounded as ruled by my subconsciousness. There was nothing properly uniform about them.

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2013 :  02:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have definitely noticed that my dreams have become more lucid over time and I do believe it is related to my yoga practice, because there have been significant developments in the dream state which coincided with major shifts in my waking consciousness. I've had lucid dreams for many, many years, but in the last few years, and especially this past year, they've kind of reached a whole new level of clarity and focus. Some mildly annoying patterns that used to occur, have dissolved. E.g., I would commonly find myself conscious in a dream and then immediately set out to meet the Lord, but He would play hide and seek with me, and sometimes I would wake up before finding Him. More recently (since being inspired by a painting by Shanti), He's been right here and no more hiding. Also, I've had a longstanding dream of being back in high school and being late for class, or not being able to remember my locker combination, or being nervous about taking a test or finding the right classroom, but then the last time I had the "school dream" I was teaching there as a graduate student and all was in order. I've also begun to have experiences of being "awake" while asleep but not actually dreaming, just aware of being asleep.

Edited by - Radharani on Jun 27 2013 02:29:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

seek123

India
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  08:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
. It has happened with me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000