Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 My cool first retreat experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chicritter

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2013 :  04:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi I'm new to the forum but wanted to share you an experience I had with spinal breath. Right now I am recovering from severe overload, but wanted to share you this experience and maybe you could explain what you think happened as this happened by accident. :)

So my background is chi meditation. This was on my first retreat back in 2010.
I was breathing into the spot just under the naval, generating heat. Eventually by accident, I lost focus on the naval and the energy and heat started to go up my spine. I decided to keep going on with the spine.
Eventually my whole back was on fire, and then began to experience 2 movements under my skin in my back. I was surprised I didn't know what it was. One was a bit higher then the other, it was like having two snakes under the skin, moving in a 8, like the cadecious. Perhaps this is what kundalini is? I have no idea.
So with the spinal breathing, I would close my eyes and would see really beautiful and clear image like a giant tv, with all sorts of things going on not manipulated by mind kind of random.
This weird snake movements that happened after the spinal focus, only got up to half way with one 'snake' a bit higher then the other. I remember thinking this is weird whilst sleeping in bed feeling this 2 things moving under my skin. I had to sleep, the next day all gone. Seems like there is only a limited window of time to finish whatever it was.
How would you explain this?
Thanks!

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2013 :  12:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great experience, especially to see the bridge between qi meditation and prana shakti. Tsung Hwa Jou is the first source where I have heard about this cross-over, and I'm hoping others will pick up where he left off thanks to his openness and all-encompassing inquisitiveness. Thanks for sharing it.

There's lesson 251 that resembles some of what you have mentioned, and your other observations sound right-on with regard to the ida/pingala as they cross the central channel and they are mentioned throughout the writings.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000