Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Little Krishna
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2013 :  10:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Krishna's life as a child growing up in Vrindavan is superbly depicted in this cartoon series. This is in English, very nicely done compared to earlier such series of Indian mythology. Kids seem to be enthralled by it (some grown-ups may find it cheesy)..

Here is one episode, one of my favorite stories from the Bhagavatam, when Brahma hides away Krishna's friends for a whole year (not knowing his true identity, and forgetting that it was at his request that Krishna took the avatar):
http://youtu.be/PoK6ryp82h4

"I cannot be understood by Vedic knowledge or Yogic meditation, Brahma. I can be understood only through love and devotion."

Edited by - kami on Jun 18 2013 10:57:38 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  06:37:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cheesy, yeah!
But OMG it was so sweet!
Thanks Kami! Now I can't wait to see the rest of the episodes.
Go to Top of Page

Vimala

France
80 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  07:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seen all of them.

Highly recommended!!!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  10:43:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Got these on DVD for my kids two years ago - we pulled it out this week and have been watching an episode or two before bed every night.. My nights have dreams revolving around Krishna and multiple wakings with his mantra and verses from the Gita going simultaneously in the anahata.. With the result of not being able to wake up early for practices.

Intoxicated with Krishna-ness.

P.S: Shanti, did you see who else has a liking for Bengali sweets?

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  10:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami
"I cannot be understood by Vedic knowledge or Yogic meditation, Brahma. I can be understood only through love and devotion."

Excellent message, beautifully presented. I resonate the quotation above. I am not that high IQ, that I can depend on aquired knowledge, nor so very adept in siddis that I can pull this message into consciousness without intermediary. This is my method of learning Gita: love for my teacher.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  10:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Intoxicated with Krishna-ness.

Ahhhh!!!! Know that feeeeeelllll!!!
Love waking up intoxicated in his oneness/presence!

quote:

P.S: Shanti, did you see who else has a liking for Bengali sweets?

Ha ha... must be a "bong" director ... sandesh and rasagulla in rose scented syrup...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000