Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Mulabandha-beginner's question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  11:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Short question: How do you add a practice that's already occurring?

Long explanation: I found AYP after searching to figure out what was happening to me. I would be soaking in the tub and my abs would lift and tighten in sort of a wave like pattern with a hard squeeze in the solar plexus region, squeezing all the air from my lungs. I would take a big inhale, and the lift would start again with the exhale. I asked a current yoga teacher and a former teacher, and they didn't know, so I typed in my symptoms plus yoga and up popped AYP with Navi Kriya. Now, I didn't run off and start practicing the Kriya or even start the meditation until a couple months ago.

I do 5 min of SB and 20min of DM. Lifting, tightening, waves, ripples (whatever you want to call it) happens with the exhale. In some of the Lessons, I'm reading that lifting happens with the inhale which makes logical sense, lifting energy up the spinal nerve to the brow with attention and breath. The opposite is happening here.

In the past, I've tried to change, mess with what is happening, and it didn't go so well. Not sure how to approach adding mulabandha. Any advice is appreciated.

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  1:48:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

Welcome to the forum.

What is happening for you is called automatic yoga. Another word for this is kriya. It is fine to simply let it happen when it happens, it is prana doing it's thing in the body. It can happen on exhale because prans falls down to the lower centres on exhale, so nothing to worry about there.

If you are ready to add mulabandha, that is fine. You can add mulabandha during spinal breathing. Keep an eye on things and watch out for any signs of energetic overload.

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  08:40:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi. Not ready to add it, SBP isn't quite as smooth as I would like it to be. There is some activity at the root with each SBP session since I added it 3-4 wks ago. That's what had me confused. Appreciate you clearing things up for me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000