New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  11:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Redsnake41

Hi Christi.

Wow!!! Thanks for sharing those experiences with me. I think im gonna take a look at your web homepage listed. Sounds like your truly blessed.
I have felt a lot of energy. Even some up my spine but no gushes or explosions. I have experienced extreme ecstacy or bliss so pleasurable you dont want it to stop! The last few days toward the end of meditation it feels like a brain inner orgasm? With all jokes aside its hard to explain. Is this ecstatic conductivity? Kundalini? In the past i did a certain pranayama exercise where my whole body would contract and my third eye felt very very sexual. I remember walking around with extreme euphoria for a week and my forehead felt like my private area!! This feeling is so addicting and i have felt so much
energy with a mystical experience in the past i forgot who or what i was during the meditation. I just new simply i was. But when i read about your experience and see that i didnt have a huge rush or train up my spine i still question kundalinis activity. What do you think?

Hi Redsnake,

Yes, all of those are symptoms of an awakened kundalini. Not everybody gets the "rush of energy up the spine" experience.

quote:
I had a LOT of pain in the tailbone that totally disappeared when i stopped meditating. Also very pleasurable ecstatic feeling that made my muscles get so tense i felt my neck crack and my left foot went numb again. I also had burning sensations in my arm which was odd.

If you are getting pain during meditation then that is a sign to self-pace (cut back) on your spiritual practices for a while. Kundalini is not something to play around with and pain is a sign that you are doing too much at the moment. Cutting back means that 20 minutes of meditation a day could be reduced to 15 or 10, or you could even take a break altogether for a few days if need be whilst things settle down.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Redsnake41

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  11:59:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Ive been meditating 2x a day for about 30-40 minutes each time. The sacrum pain was just that one day
and thats it. I have been twitching a lot during meditation though. Also the feeling of something crawling up my back and neck has happened a lot and every time i check there is no insect or anything.
I think if i knew for sure where i was in this process or even awake i would cut way down.
Go to Top of Page

Redsnake41

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  12:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi,

Sorry! I didnt see the sentence you wrote up there. I meant wish i knew where i was in the process!
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  12:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I have experienced extreme ecstacy or bliss so pleasurable you dont want it to stop! The last few days toward the end of meditation it feels like a brain inner orgasm?"

All this achieved just by meditation? that's just amazing! keep it up! :)
Go to Top of Page

Redsnake41

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  12:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ichigo,

This i have only had a few times. Its gone again. But a milder ecstacy comes occasionally with
meditation. Ive had this with Kriya pranayama also.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  4:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Redsnake41

Hi Christi,

Ive been meditating 2x a day for about 30-40 minutes each time. The sacrum pain was just that one day
and thats it. I have been twitching a lot during meditation though. Also the feeling of something crawling up my back and neck has happened a lot and every time i check there is no insect or anything.
I think if i knew for sure where i was in this process or even awake i would cut way down.

Hi Redsnake,

The advice I gave about cutting back on practice time was only in reference to your mention of pain. If it was only once and has now stopped, then don't worry about it and carry on as normal. If it comes back, then you know what to do.

It is not easy to say where someone is in the whole process. This is because spiritual evolution is not a simple matter which can be plotted on a graph. You can only give a very rough guide as to the overall process.

Some of the early stage symptoms include heat, shaking, rushes of electricity, visions, the sensation of insects crawling on the skin, inner sounds, openings of the lower chakras up to the sixth, and so on.

Some of the intermediate stage symptoms include body-wide ecstasy, the opening of the crown chakra, bliss, peace, the rise of the witness, a sensation of receiving divine grace and so on.

Later stage symptoms include the dissolution into pure bliss consciousness, the gradual rise of outpouring divine love, a moving of the being into the heart and acting from there, spontaneously arising samadhi, unity etc.

But as I say, that is just a rough guide and things can occur in a different order. In my own case I experienced spontaneously arising samadhi (sahaja samadhi) before I ever experienced kundalini, and it acted as a trigger.

You may want to have a read of these lessons:

Enlightenment milestones

Enlightenment milestones revisited

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Redsnake41

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  5:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Christi.

Thanks for the information. I saw your website and its very interesting. You had experiences in caves in India and thailand and things. Sounds like you are a lot more spiritually advanced than I am.
I was thinking about things today as far as kundalini process goes and from what you wrote ive had early symptoms and some intermediate maybe. I had the early signs back in 2011 when i got the distant shaktipat. Actually i remember having a couple of the early signs years ago from kriya pranayama. Now i have to find a simple routine if not Ayp to do daily as far as meditation goes but not over do it.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  08:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Redsnake,

Yes, the trick is to find a daily practice which you can sustain over the long term without things getting too exciting. Kundalini can be a major distraction on the path, and it can be a major distraction for many years if we let it become that. Things happen, it is interesting and will grab our attention. It is much more interesting than the simple act of being, letting things be as they are and coming into the natural state of the mind which is one of bliss. Or at least, it seems more interesting for a while.

So although kundalini is an essential part of the enlightenment process, it is also a challenge. Keep the flames alive enough to purify the body and the mind, but make sure you keep inner silence and equanimity at the heart of your practice.

AYP is as good a system for doing that as any that I know of, but if you are drawn to another path, then that may also work for you.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000