Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Just an Intro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  10:37:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone!

I've been practicing DM for a little over 2mo and 5min of the most basic SB for a few weeks. I've had a daily hatha yoga practice for 3yrs. I've experimented with different Buddhist meditations, but they weren't for me.

So far, I've noticed a big difference between 15min of DM vs. 20min. Also, there's a big difference between being slightly reclined and being more upright. Oh and 1-2 min of rest just doesn't cut it.

In daily life, my skin feels happy. I know that sounds weird, but that's what it feels like, from underneath the surface out. Also, some random pleasure waves and microseconds of clear witness.

Next up is lifestyle changes that are long over due. So no additions to sitting practices for probably months.

I appreciate these lessons so much, and I'm happy to be here.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  10:46:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums lalow33!

Thanks for sharing and hope to hear more from you soon!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  1:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome to the forums lalow33
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  1:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome!!! Thanks for sharing your experience

Somewhat similar to mine when I was 2 months in. Keep at it!
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  2:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lolow33 I hear ya with your skin feeling happy...mine too. Just more and more pleasurable since I started last March.

Best of luck you!

Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  6:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, welcome!
Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  11:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome lalow33!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  2:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the warm welcome!

It seems I've developed a rash like I've never seen on my back, like someone threw cherry Kool-Aid on me, and it stained. It burns. Rest of the skin still happy. I'll try an anti-fungal. If it doesn't work, I might be hanging out in the self-pacing thread.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  10:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lalow33 I started urine therapy (amaroli) just after last Christmas after reading Yogani recommend it and its worked wonders for me mentally and physically.

A bunch of people here drink their piss...stop gagging lalow33!

You might just start by wetting a cloth and covering the rash on your back for a while instead of drinking it. But like I say I swear by it and will stay with drinking 12 to 16 ounces a day for the rest of my life.

Check out Yogani's book "Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli":

http://www.aypsite.org/books-dsa.html
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  09:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bill. That's actually the first book I bought after reading the lessons, but it didn't cross my mind to put it on my skin.

I've already started a trial run. Yes, I'm still gagging, and it's diluted with water. I've scanned the first few amaroli threads and didn't see too many positives, so I'm happy you replied.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000