Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Why do I always feel cold Kundalini energy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flying solo

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  01:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I'm a new member. I've been looking around various forums, but haven't been able to find an answer for my issue so I hope someone can help. What does it mean when the kundalini energy is always cold, like a rising flood of cold water moving up my spine? Recently it reached the level of my ears for the first time. When it gets this far during meditation, my head fills with white light, but there's no bliss. I've never felt heat. This coldness is always gentle and is often accompanied by feelings of ecstasy and sometimes a full-body orgasm. I first felt energy bubbling at the base of my spine 20 years ago and it's been pretty much constant ever since. My experience just seems so different that it has me puzzled. Any information will be appreciated.

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  09:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi person going by the name "flying solo." Welcome!

Kundalini often gives people a puzzling sense of being different. In your case, that sense of puzzling difference is around the sensation of "cold", gentle cold, ecstatic cold, orgasmic cold. Without bliss.

Almost everyone has had what is commonly called "cold chills." I remember having cold chills at the point in the movie Sixth Sense, when it became clear that the main character was actually "dead" but had not known it.

I think I have some empathic feeling of what you are going through: a kind of tingling, rising, pleasurable, pre-orgasmic chill coming up from the sexual center through the trunk of the body to the head, then morphing into an awareness of inner light. Beautiful. Must have been quite something to discover your particular version this inner sensuality on your own. Very intense, and puzzlingly different.

I first came to this forum seven years ago (2006) with lots of feelings of ecstasy, and orgasmic pleasure and, like you, a puzzling sense of being different. Actually, for me this sense of being different was mixed with sorrow. Even as I was enjoying discovering capacities of my energy body that I never new possible, and reveling in the pleasure of it all, and learning from direct experience what I later learned to call "witness consciousness" -- a capacity to watch the unfolding, no matter how dramatic or scary or intense, from a place of detached, calm, peace -- there was sorrow of being separated from others. I can touch something of that sense of sorrow now, these years later, but there is a shift. The shift has to do with a softening of the sense of separate self, and more than that, a resting in a dimension of unity, loving radiant unity that is more real, more stable, more constant, than the separate self sense. The energetic component of my experience used to give me a separate self sense, but now it is my portal to a sense of unity with all experience unfolding.

I think I might sound like I am bragging, but I don't intend it that way. It is more like I want to give you a warm welcoming gesture, a hug, if you will, from the dimension of radiant unity.

Be

Edited by - bewell on Jun 12 2013 09:50:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  11:54:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi flying solo

Welcome to the forum. I've had an issue somewhat similar to yours although it could be entirely different. It was especially odd because my experience is to be consistently bothered with heat rather than cold. It was undoubtedly related to the k awakening.

All my life there have been problems with overheating. Mostly I've had trouble with intolerance to hot weather and hot internal environments. There have been multiple health issues involving infection, rashes, and blood overheating. All indicators of aggravated pitta. My constitution being vata-pitta, there's been a history of oversensitivity to everything toxic but especially heat. Perhaps Shakti was in the process of repairing my heat issues and maybe went a little overboard in the other direction. I really don't know.

Two and a half years ago my problems with heat changed to the opposite...I found myself craving warmth and not getting it. For roughly the whole year of 2011, I had a stubborn internal chill which for a very long year refused to go away. My many pitta irritations seemed trivial in comparison. I felt deprived of internal body heat! My normal core temp was eroded and I was freezing all the time. Several healing modalities were tried. First an ayurvedic practitioner which helped a tiny bit. Then Chinese herbs and acupuncture helped more but didn't cure it. Finally a temporary move and the warm/hot weather helped most.. which did eventually "thaw me out". But it took several long months of extreme discomfort literally feeling frozen inside. This chill thing occurred a year after my kundalini activation had already kicked into high gear.

I can recall reading a post last year by Christi somewhere in the AYP forums. If I remember correctly what he said, these chill kundalini symptoms are temporary and they usually pass. However, in my case, I'm not sure the prolonged chill would have gone away unless steps had been taken to remedy the situation.

Best wishes on your spiritual path.

parvati

edit/typos

Edited by - parvati9 on Jun 12 2013 12:20:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  1:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I can touch something of that sense of sorrow now, these years later, but there is a shift. The shift has to do with a softening of the sense of separate self, and more than that, a resting in a dimension of unity, loving radiant unity that is more real, more stable, more constant, than the separate self sense. The energetic component of my experience used to give me a separate self sense, but now it is my portal to a sense of unity with all experience unfolding.

Loved that description of experience
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  9:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for letting me know that resonated with you, Mr. Anderson!

Flying Solo, upon further reflection, I want to add that AYP has provided my main yoga techniques for integrating my energy experiences. Taking individual responsibility for my progress, I am continuing to claim my practices, including the core practice of Deep Meditation, which I highly recommend. If you so choose, you are welcome learn AYP using the Key Lessons on the left of this page, starting here:
http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Be

Edited by - bewell on Jun 12 2013 9:33:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

flying solo

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  01:36:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bewell: Thanks for the hug. I could relate somewhat to your experience, so thanks for sharing. Thanks also for the advice to check out the lessons. There's so much information on this site my mind is spinning, not knowing where to start. I'm just so grateful to find such an fantastic hub of wisdom and support.
Go to Top of Page

flying solo

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  01:43:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi parvati9: Reading of your experience with cold chills in 2011 brought back my own memories of that year. From March to September I had the chills too. I would have to get up in the middle of the night to take extended very hot showers to bring my body temperature up. I would have around 8 per episodes per day, lasting about an hour.Sometimes I would take my temperature during one of these episodes.
Go to Top of Page

flying solo

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  02:26:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
parvati9: Sorry, hit the submit reply button by mistake. So to continue:
My body temp would be about 35 degrees C which is 95F during one of these episodes. Apparently that's hypothermia. Not surprisingly, I would be shaking and not feeling very well. At the time it didn't occur to me that it was anything to do with K because I wasn't having any other symptoms except my usual sensation of bubbling movement at the base of my spine. Looking back, I can see those chills may have been a pre-curser to the rising-cold-water sensation I'm experiencing now, although my actual body temp. doesn't change with the latter. This seven month period included what I call my Awakening, although it might not meet the criteria (if there is such a thing). It was just an intense time of feeling highly energised with a lot of spiritual insights coming through. When the energy-charged feelings returned to normal, the chills disappeared. Something that just occurred to me, but might not be connected to K is that ages ago, before I knew anything about K, I noticed I would feel suddenly very cold when talking about anything spiritual. So, I'm not really sure what all this means. I suppose like everything else, it's best not to get too caught up. I'm glad I asked though. It's very interesting to hear of other people's experiences. Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  05:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by flying solo
...There's so much information on this site my mind is spinning, not knowing where to start. I'm just so grateful to find such an fantastic hub of wisdom and support.

The AYP Key Lessons are always available for exploration at one's own pace, if and when the inclination arises. Glad you've found your way to the Support Forum, which is indeed a "fantastic hub of wisdom and support."

Edited by - bewell on Jun 13 2013 06:12:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  11:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Flying Solo,

The coldness is usually associated with going deeper in consciousness. The greater depth often happens in mediation as one is dealing with issues/fears. If the obstruction is let go or released, one feels the resulting "rush" of the new "deeper" energy flow. In terms of the energy body, it is sort of like entering a more refined level. As you have "progressed", you may have also noticed that they energy feeling/vibrations become finer (or smoother). This is a sign of ever increasing greater depth in consciousness.

Best wishes, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  10:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The coolness is related to the masculine element, while hotness relates to the feminine. The hot energy usually surges up the spine, the cold energy, in my case at least, descends from the head downwards. Sometimes the feeling remains localized for a long time. In my case, the cold feeling is often localized in the sexual organ region, and hotness in the whole torso, especially the navel, heart and neck regions.

Both feelings can also occur at the same time. The result is not lukewarm, but rather hot and cold at the same time. This is how it occurs in my case now frequently, especially the Anahata region.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000