AYPsite.org Forum
 Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Hemorrhoids From Incorrect Bandas?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  9:18:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been diagnosed with both interior and exterior hemorrhoids. Yow.

As far as medical science knows, this is caused by constipation and/or straining and/or hard stools. I don't have any of those problems. Which leaves doctors mystified.

And I've found that when doctors are mystified, yoga is usually the answer. So I must be doing something wrong with my mulha and/or asvini bandas.

Any suggestions? From long hatha training, I have very refined body awareness. If I have to fine-tune something, it will come easily....but I just need to an idea of what I'm tuning!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on May 10 2013 9:19:04 PM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 10 2013 :  10:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,

Been through the same (and more).

For me, the solution was to bring as much presence to every bowel movement as possible... increase my "colonic awareness," so-to-speak. Becoming "hyper-aquainted" with the physical/energetic anatomy, spending some time studying the relationship between digestion/diet and elimination, and a bunch of trial and error is was what helped for me.

Hope things get better quickly.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 11 2013 :  03:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,

I've been through something similar...running pure blood with/before stool.

Nothing physically wrong in my case either .these are thin/soft blood vessels that break up by themselves.Not sure what made them thin in my case though.

Just to let you know,it was shocking when it happened but it passed.I'm not sure why it stopped as much as I'm not sure why it started as I weren't doing any energy practices ...

I wish you a quick recovery as well.

Love,
Namath

Edited by - Namath on May 11 2013 03:27:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 11 2013 :  03:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you feel a pulse in the rectum opening all day as well?It was not irritating...just a non stop pulse.
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - May 12 2013 :  09:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bananas are good to eat for this condition,and no wheat
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 12 2013 :  9:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, my fault for not being clear. When I said:

"So I must be doing something wrong with my mulha and/or asvini bandas. Any suggestions?"

....I meant: has anyone heard of a wrong approach to mula bandha or ashwini mudra bringing this result?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 12 2013 :  11:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

Sorry, my fault for not being clear. When I said:

"So I must be doing something wrong with my mulha and/or asvini bandas. Any suggestions?"

....I meant: has anyone heard of a wrong approach to mula bandha or ashwini mudra bringing this result?

Sorry for not being clear. I believe my condition was caused by incorrect (and automatic/constant) application of mulabandha.

Love,
Carson

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  7:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,

had the same problems here. The muscles do grow VERY fast here =P So mula bandha does make the relating muscles so big, that the passage gets very small and going to the toilet is not so much fun at times. The only thing that worked here was to decrease mula bandha and to do it only gently and not strongly as before. Also stimulating the perineum with pressure from the outside works fine here without making the muscles so big down there ;)
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  06:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mula bandha is a natural process for most women during love making.

We simply can't avoid it ^_^
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  04:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hemorrhoids and Yoga

I found an article that mirrors, and adds nuance to my sense that forcing bowl movements is a contributing cause of hemorrhoids.
http://www.amoils.com/treatment/hem...rrhoids.html

The article does not however offer the solution that I am inclined toward: the practice of unforced or spontaneous bowel movement.

Be
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  4:28:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BtW., that's a standard occupational injury among race cyclists. If you live in a warm region and ride a bicycle in the summer, then avoid warm/tight pants, and get a seat that's enough perforated in the middle or perforate it by hand.

There are even homeopatic blends available, for example from the German manufacturer Reckeweg.

In yoga, rocking from side to side while sitting with knees bent and soles put together ("butterfly") increases blood circulation to speed up recovery.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  6:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell
... bowl movements ...

Make that "bowel movements."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000