Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Meditation.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brujoguy71

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  3:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practicing meditation now for over 20 years. Im always trying different techniques but sometimes i stick with 1 routine for months. When i first began meditation it seems like thats when it worked the best in my everyday life. Why is this? The first couple years i would do a lot of simple zen or buddhist meditation with my awareness on the rise and fall of the dan tien and it was so peaceful. After a few years this seemed not to work anymore almost like i was immune to it. Then i would add pranayama and kriya breathing to deepen my meditation and had various experiences but nothing ever beat the simplicity of basic meditation almost like the easier and more basic the meditation the better the results. Right now i would like to make a small routine and stick with this only for a couple years but after reading 1000s of books and learning all these techniques its so hard to stick with 1 easy routine only. How can i do this and does anyone have any advice or can recommend something for me to read? Thanks.

DoctorWho

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2013 :  4:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brujo,

For me, there has been nothing more simpler and effective than what I found here at AYP. And with AYP...Deep Meditation is the core practice. No need to do more than that if you like. All other techniques can be added on later to enhance your Deep Meditation as you progress.

Not trying to sell you on AYP or anything...but I come from a similar background as you...years of practice and meditation, albeit inconsistent...a practice here, a method there. Trying to piece it all together through books and research. Kriya Yoga, breathing meditation etc. Without a teacher to consult and trying to navigate things on my own invariably led to gaps in my knowledge and practice. I would then move on to something else or go back to square one.

You're right...simplicity is a wonderful thing. The practice is very simple. And very effective, noticeably so. And it's the real deal too. Yogani is bringing these venerable teachings into the future and framing them in a modern, easy to understand way free from sectarian, cultural or esoteric trappings (those "trappings" have never been a hang-up for me personally, but what he's done here is all-inclusive and again...simple.) You can't beat that. If you're looking for that "easy routine"...this is it brother. I have been more consistent with this practice than anything in the past. And the results are more than I could have hoped for.

Again, not trying to sell you here. My gratitude for the practice has been such lately that I love to share it...if someone asks of course

Be Well!!!
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2013 :  03:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Yes what you experience is so true for many of us.Its becuase we get used to a particular technique that we tend to make it a habit and not there in present moment as we used to be when we usually started it.So I think bringing your awareness to the technique is the key point.

Love N Light
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2013 :  10:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brujoguy, simplicity is recognized and recommended for both breath and mantra meditations of AYP. Breath meditation would require a much longer sitting, unless it is used to self-pace and for those who are over-sensitive.

A key element from the lessons is to stick to the baseline procedures and not modify them in the pursuit of scenery, which includes the appearance of results. This can become a distraction from the simplicity of meditation by facilitating a habit of constantly checking-in on results, and this monitoring stalls progress.

Another one would be that purification and change go on regardless of our perception at the moment. Eventually over the months and years there will be markers called milestones to let you know, but in the meanwhile it is important to keep 'digging in the same spot if you want to dig a well.' I can tell you this is not an exclusive principle to AYP, but other systems as well, where true progress goes on behind the scenes and manifests as sudden 'steps' along the path.

Vijikr also emphasizes the importance of an effective, efficient technique along the way, which goes along with any holistic approach with honest striving, bhakti, etc.

Best to you along your path.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000