Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 silly song
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  7:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
You guys might think this is really silly, but - the other day I convinced my husband to learn the "Soft kitty, warm kitty" song from "The Big Bang Theory" so we could sing it as a round and he actually cooperated. But, then the song got stuck in my head!! So, I changed the lyrics, which I do sometimes in these situations, especially if it is a song which I don't like the lyrics and it is stuck in my head:

Yeshua Krishna
Beautiful Lord
Hari Jesu
I adore.

It's not the same number of syllables but it works...

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  7:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've done that a bunch of times too Radharani.

Either cuz of devotion over flowing or out of desperation to throw myself at the feet of the Divine and try to make it through a crisis.

I'm not that well read so its not surprising I haven't heard of Yeshua before. Googled it and it seems to say that its the "true" name for Jesus in Hebrew?

You offer me tons of inspiration and leadership Radharani the way you share your intimate relationship with the Divine and also honestly share your day to day torments and challenges.

You help me a lot doing that...thank you?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  8:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  11:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BillinL.A.

I've done that a bunch of times too Radharani.

Either cuz of devotion over flowing or out of desperation to throw myself at the feet of the Divine and try to make it through a crisis.

I'm not that well read so its not surprising I haven't heard of Yeshua before. Googled it and it seems to say that its the "true" name for Jesus in Hebrew?

You offer me tons of inspiration and leadership Radharani the way you share your intimate relationship with the Divine and also honestly share your day to day torments and challenges.

You help me a lot doing that...thank you?

Dear BillinL.A.,

Wow, THANK YOU! I am very happy, and humbled, to learn that my ecstatic intimate relationship with the Divine is a help and inspiration to you. But then again, that's how it is supposed to work - right? That Love pours through us and touches others... As for crises, torments and challenges, isn't it wonderful how they give us an opportunity to "throw oneself at the feet of the Divine"?! any excuse will do for the bhakti-crazed...

Yes, "Yeshua" is Jesus' name in Hebrew which means "God who saves." And interestingly, "Jesu" or "Yesu" (the J becomes a Y sound in different languages) is one of Krishna's names meaning "love, devotion"! "Krishna" means "the all-attractive," and "Hari" is "the Lord" and also "thief of hearts."

Another variation of the song that I considered is:

Yeshua Krishna
Beautiful Lord
Lover
Savior
I adore

Thanks for your kind words and the rush of bhakti.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000